Sign in to follow this  
DiagonalRedLine

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

4 minutes ago, Matthew Gill said:

Could we possibly finally get a wash streamer through Leicester and Birmingham? :D

Possibly, fingers crossed.

We have a covering of snow on the edge of Cannock Chase. 

We only seem to be slightly in the yellow area so doubt we will get much tomorrow unless it moves 20 miles further north.

two huge showers incoming and I will most likely be between both. Story of the day, story of the week, story of the winter.

Snowing nicely here atm and nothing showing on the radar!

Can’t help but think this front coming from the south has been modelled slightly to far west, I really wouldn’t be surprised come the morning to see it further east. Not sure about the northern extent though, we shall see

4 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

around 2 inch max, -4.9C, mostly clear though, just cumulus fast moving, inland convection died

Dear me you are a negative chap ent ya lol, look at all the stuf towards the wash that’s heading this way!

Just now, cyclonic happiness said:

Wash streamer trying to set up again??

I think so. With the strength of the wind as well it's taking about 2 hours to get here 

Would feel hard to believe it’s March tomorrow, but it’s nice to have Winter go off with a little bang 💥❄️

13B8D3B3-7322-4E12-9472-3ADE53035236.thumb.jpeg.442e4b10cf0f1d4bb689ecf0972f6ad8.jpeg

9676D795-6CFD-4297-A957-30E0E43A6257.thumb.jpeg.85850f6c3b427d649efc21deb1652499.jpeg

20E57F6F-66D1-4F6D-B55A-071FA2576E95.thumb.jpeg.19a4e91d2c42788ec7e5c74b788346ec.jpeg

5 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Wash streamer trying to set up again??

Going north of us for now. Need more of a north easterly for nuneaton and bedworth

Edited by mattyrayandkay

2 minutes ago, Herefordweather said:

Dreadful Euro 4 for the Midlands. South Wales gets it all!

It's still the 6z  

Some extremely beefy snow showers up where i work in Penkridge, South Staffs. They closed the Day Centre i work at early. Old people and snow don't mix to well. Back home now, few showers throughout the day apparently. 

Edited by matt_in_dudley

Okay EURO 4 not brilliant, lets wait for the ECM 12Z. ARPEGE and HIRLAM/GEM still good, think it will be a nowcast. Best to look at radar in the morning.

2 minutes ago, Herefordweather said:

Go to precip acc chart and you’ll see accumulation for 12z

Ahh didn't know that. Yep no good 

6 minutes ago, Herefordweather said:

Dreadful Euro 4 for the Midlands. South Wales gets it all!

😤😤😤😤😤😤 how typical...

3 minutes ago, AppleUK 123 said:

Okay EURO 4 not brilliant, lets wait for the ECM 12Z. ARPEGE and HIRLAM/GEM still good, think it will be a nowcast. Best to look at radar in the morning.

Unfortunately its some of the worst performing models that show much for the midlands. May be looking like a relatively poor week for us unless some  decent showers come along.

1 minute ago, mattyrayandkay said:

-5 here now which is exceptional  for this time of day. If it stays clear I wonder how low it can go with this breeze. 

where are you though? -5.3C here, Wash alive at least few more flurries?