Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

I'm in Bushbury, the north side of Wolves. It really wasn't that heavy, just seemed to fall heavier with gusts of wind, the ground and grass is just wet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Wish I was at home to see the snow, working in Redditch today on low ground so probably pretty dump here

Posted
1 minute ago, snowstorm27x said:

Yep flakes are huge and rapidly falling. What do you think about Sunday another will it won't it situation lol.

Its one of those  until we get into Hi Res  im not sure.  However the way its gone if it going to snow  anywhere  it will probably be here.   

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
22 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Blizzard Condtions in Wolves   very heavy shower  really starting to stick

Was the same here in Walsall, but as soon as it started to setlle it stopped, now the sun is making an appearance, more looking NW on the radar though :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
Just now, markw2680 said:

Wish I was at home to see the snow, working in Redditch today on low ground so probably pretty dump here

After saying that I looked out the window and to my shock.....it’s chucking it down with big flakes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Started with a bit of sleet here about 09:30...

Now definite flakes,but not heavy.

Temp at 2.5C(2.3C as I type), Wind Chill at 1.2C and dew point has just fallen below zero at -0.3C

Up to 13 days now with snow falling. but cannot count it as laying - yet. :D

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

That shower to the NW is fading rather quickly, it dosen't look like there be much left in it, should it even reach here.

Posted

Only very slight here now and brightening up.

So snow stats remain at 13 and 18.

Winds just a bit too Northerly here as they are pasing more to the West.

We need a straight NW for this location.

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Walked to the shops in blizzard conditions (YIPPEE!) - notable that I was basically the only moron out on foot :D Still heavy snow, but smaller pillows, maybe large cushions, and no duvets... about 3/4 inch lying but covering absolutely everything including eg busy road outside a school at 8:50am...

Came out of shop to hazy weak sunshine for walk home, everything getting very soggy, ah well such is life, it was nice while it lasted - hang about, just as I approached home, it started up again. Now indoors for the morning (making sausage rolls, who wants some?) and it's chucking it down out there with small flakes. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Dont let anyone say your obsessed MIA

Its all lies I tell you...

:D 

MIA

Posted
1 minute ago, BleakMidwinter said:

Walked to the shops in blizzard conditions (YIPPEE!) - notable that I was basically the only moron out on foot :D Still heavy snow, but smaller pillows, maybe large cushions, and no duvets... about 3/4 inch lying but covering absolutely everything including eg busy road outside a school at 8:50am...

Came out of shop to hazy weak sunshine for walk home, everything getting very soggy, ah well such is life, it was nice while it lasted - hang about, just as I approached home, it started up again. Now indoors for the morning (making sausage rolls, who wants some?) and it's chucking it down out there with small flakes. 

Oh  yes please   Im also gagging for a some faggots   got any?.   Edit   this post can be taken numerous of ways   i see that now.   The sausage rolls will do.

Posted
3 minutes ago, BleakMidwinter said:

Now indoors for the morning (making sausage rolls, who wants some?) and it's chucking it down out there with small flakes. 

Just to be  friendly  ...

Ah... go on then.

Ah they the Steve Murr type?

MIA

Posted
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

Oh  yes please   Im also gagging for a some faggots   got any?.   Edit   this post can be taken numerous of ways   i see that now.   The sausage rolls will do.

:D 

Luckily, I lived in Wales for three years and the West Midlands for three so my eyebrows are not up in my hairline :)

No faggots but by teatime that beef and onion stew that's been in the slow cooker for three days should have a really thick rich gravy... sausage rolls will b about an hour, just starting making the pastry and mixing the mince and spices and herbs and onions... 

Still chucking it down in a wild whirl of white out there - very small flakes again now and settling less. 

Posted

If you look at the sat image, once whatever has been sucked out of this, it looks pretty clear.

Posted
1 minute ago, DIS1970 said:

If you look at the sat image, once whatever has been sucked out of this, it looks pretty clear.

Yes not alot really   just nice to see some flakes.  Im watching that stream over the Isle of man approaching the North west  if the direction dosent change  we might get some off that      However  anything after early December is a bonus

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, DIS1970 said:

Which, for my area at any rate, is pretty much exactly what the MetO forecast said from yesterday teatime onwards. 

The Beeb was wrong, XC was wrong, Netweather forecast was wrong, but for this particular kind of snow the MetO and the Netweather GFS chart for UK precip were spot-on from about 12-15 hours beforehand. Which is useful for me to know...