Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Daniel* said:

As they say a broken clock is right twice a day. :D 

and probably more accurate at predicting the weather than the models have been recently...... i see the beast from the east is back on the menu :fool:

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Hairy Celt said:

Pffft fkn PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

in my head i can hear the benny hill theme tune when i read it 

• Haha 1

the premium will it rain today radar behaving oddly

.... currently trying to work out if gonna snow here and if so what time it may make it here.... looks around 6 am and dew points look ok and 850 ok but 950s seem maybe high

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, edo said:

the premium will it rain today radar behaving oddly

.... currently trying to work out if gonna snow here and if so what time it may make it here.... looks around 6 am and dew points look ok and 850 ok but 950s seem maybe high

Have to be honest and say I reckon you’ll need at least 200m altitude to see anything significant tomorrow. Aside from those members living the high life (altitudinally speaking) such as @Northern Strath @igloo @shuggee I think it’s rain and sleet for most, with perhaps some wet snow before it clears.

In other words, it’s nailed on. :D

15 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Have to be honest and say I reckon you’ll need at least 200m altitude to see anything significant tomorrow. Aside from those members living the high life (altitudinally speaking) such as @Northern Strath @igloo @shuggee I think it’s rain and sleet for most, with perhaps some wet snow before it clears.

In other words, it’s nailed on. :D

I'm back and forth from Moffat to Wanlockhead this week on a decorating job in a house that's at 437 m ASL. I'm expecting a fun drive up there at 8 am tomorrow.

On another note, the models are throwing up all sorts of fun and games scenarios just now. This, for Friday evening, could just happen I suppose.96-574UK.GIF?12-18

• Like 2

I ought to trust my instinct a bit more, better late than never but MetO warnings updated with a more western extent of the warning area in the central belt. The initial western boundary was around hamilton but now extended a good 20 - 25 miles westwards with the boundary around the Whitburn area. 

IMG_8131.thumb.PNG.9640ede6bd7992cff87c5df58f4fb847.PNG

IMG_8132.thumb.PNG.ca7a6dc93306e42adb9cb0cc149e2513.PNG

IMG_8133.thumb.PNG.aad30ad8d61985fa88ba4d257e564fc1.PNG

IMG_8134.thumb.PNG.5f66e64ed03a4101323f0a8562e00c39.PNG

• Like 3

Snaw again here started of as sleet but the temps have now droped to 0,6c and still droping snaw level is certanly lowering i hope to get another 2-3 inches so fingers crossed to yous al

• Like 2

Looked out this morning and it was rainy sleet, now snow and pelting down, and starting to catch as it looks like heavy wet snow.

Edited by grifter
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, grifter said:

Looked out this morning and it was rainy sleet, now snow and pelting down, and starting to catch as it looks like heavy wet snow.

Paisley is having a great Winter!

Nothing has reached here yet but fully expect to look out the window shortly to see this scene below...we can dream. :rofl: 

Insane in Reykjavik, Iceland.

19197F16-A431-4945-B0B4-AFD456AB0BC1.png

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Mr Frost said:

Paisley is having a great Winter!

Nothing has reached here yet but fully expect to look out the window shortly to see this scene below...we can dream. :rofl: 

Insane in Reykjavik, Iceland.

19197F16-A431-4945-B0B4-AFD456AB0BC1.png

Here's a wee vid of it. Yes I think it has been much better winter. Surprisingly when I went down my folks in Inverclyde they seem to be getting even more than here. Usually snow avoids that area like the plague

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/andrew-weather/snow-13-02-2018.mp4

Edited by grifter
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, aggy said:

Well that was a suprise it’s snowing and it’s lying so it must be pasting elsewhere with altitude 

Well done, aggy.:) 

Still no snow here, just light to moderate rain and it does not feel too cold either.

Have to go to Ellon today and judging by the meto forecast Ellon and the A90 should be clear too, hopefully anyway.