Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

Catching the edge of showers this morning. For @hawesy. 16 to 17 cms in the back garden so you ended up not too far away. Last 4 to 5cms came in three or four heavy showers after midnight though.

An earlier shower and this morning.

IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 7
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

Wow we,ve had another amazing amount of snow overnight! 

Table was windblown yesterday and this morning it still looks like an epic total ! It’s been amazing snow. I’ll get out and measure shortly . 

E594C9BA-BA35-48FC-8241-48B40FEB5A3A.png

• Like 6
2 hours ago, mardatha said:

Posting before the elect goes off, lights flickering here. We seem to have feet of snow  -although its hard to see as all is a sea of deep bilowy white cushions ootside. The 10 steps to the front door have vanished and we have a ski jump instead. It's still snowing. We can't even get out with the ash and husband says the stove will go oot unless he digs a path. I'm not letting him get out of bed and start digging snow, he's 72 and it would kill him, so the stove will have to wait until we both get up and going. . And we've seen a couple of flashes of lightning. Hope to get back later with pics, if the power holds out :D

Stay safe Girlie! Don't go out just to get a piccie! Take it easy and stay by the fire wi' bucket loads o' tea and biccies! :cold:

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Catching the edge of showers this morning. For @hawesy. 16 to 17 cms in the back garden so you ended up not too far away. Last 4 to 5cms came in three or four heavy showers after midnight though.

That ended up respectable then. Difficult to gauge here in central Broughty Ferry, probably about 5-6cm but there’s nowhere undisturbed that I can accurately measure...wind has been epic throughout!

• Like 3

Looks like a fair bit has fallen overnight although not convinced we saw  as much as Edinburgh itself. Hard to tell with drifting but looks a lot! Just measured 27cm level so looks like 4-5cm overnight! Drifts easily 1.5-2ft deep in places.  

• Like 7
1 minute ago, Hawesy said:

That ended up respectable then. Difficult to gauge here in central Broughty Ferry, probably about 5-6cm but there’s nowhere undisturbed that I can accurately measure...wind has been epic throughout!

Yes not easy to get the average. My back is quite sheltered but even there it went from 12 cms to over 20cms in bits. Snow has drifted in the front which is exposed. More falling now.

17 minutes ago, Michael Kaii said:

are the showers ment to ramp up today. seems to be in a lull for a good hour now

Can you really complain after the last 24 hours?! :rofl:

A few quick phone snaps. Will get out with the big camera later. Once I've dug a path out anyway.

Road oot front and gairdin bench standard. 

@Hawesy More than 26 cm no question 

IMG-20180301-WA0007.jpeg

IMG-20180301-WA0005.jpeg

IMG-20180301-WA0003.jpeg

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 9

I can't think in all my years and i will be 60 tomorrow, I have seen this much snow absolutely amazing. My daughters are a bit upset don't think they will make it over to us tomorrow.

• Thanks 1