Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, ECOSSE1650 said:

Still he haw in Motherwell since 6pm, yet chucking it down at Charing X, Glasgow and Glasgow parts of M8 & M74.

frustrating isnt it :spiteful:

its unreal how different areas are affected... 

some will remember this forever as epic yet others will remember a decent snow fall 

if its lasting till sunday though could be epic for many especially memorable for how late in the year. 

i have 8cm now just been out and measured but the depth of cold and beautiful powder snow with drifts and being best fall since 2013 will make it memorable for me and for just seeing the disruption and totals elsewhere. 

and i may wake up to 15 more cm in morning and it enters epic. 

Edited by edo
  • Like 4
30 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Have just been getting clipped off that big streamer going through Glasgow for the last half an hour. 

Within the next twenty minutes areas just 5 miles or so South of Glasgow city centre join the fun again!  

1A4648ED-C5B8-4536-A635-3E2BBCFBA398.png

I hope so! I'm probably a mile west of you as the crow flies. One of my work cycle routes takes me via Croftwood Road. The incline up from Fernhill Road is a b*stard.:D

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, edo said:

some will remember this forever as epic yet others will remember a decent snow fall 

if its lasting till sunday though could be epic for many especially memorable for how late in the year. 

i have 8cm now just been out and measured but the depth of cold and beautiful powder snow with drifts and being best fall since 2013 will make it memorable for me and for just seeing the disruption and totals elsewhere. 

and i may wake up to 15 more cm in morning and it enters epic. 

I now share your pain from Tuesdays snowless Perth. It does suck sir.

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, edo said:

if its lasting till sunday though cpuld be epic for many especially memorable for how late in the year

i have 8cm now just been out and measured but the depth of cold and beautiful powder snow with drifts and being best fall since 2013 will make it memorable for me and for just seeing the disruption and totals elsewhere

and i may wake up to 15 more cm in morning and it enters epic 

Edo

Yep, just creeping into the 'decent' category for me now... surpasing the other falls this winter and also (not surprisingly) passing everything since 2013 I think. Still holding out hope for 'epic' though :)

Tim

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, WhiteXmas said:

These bands moving east to west now look like they are going to absolutely hammer my area. 15 inches plus looks fairly conservative now :D

We're not even half way through either the red or amber warnings yet...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

any update on me getting a pasting again? Just about to head back to M80.

Were famous, #m80 on twitter and heart FM. ??

The shower thats just left here (containing thundersnow) looks like it could be heading that way judging by the radar my guesstimate would be roughly 30 - 40 minutes time :)

• Thanks 1
Just now, CatchMyDrift said:

We're not even half way through either the red or amber warnings yet...

That’s the crazy thing! And we know from experience how these things can intensify/stall etc as well. This is coming close now to the greatest snow event in my 28 years :D

• Like 2

Getting hammered here again.

Been sitting here patiently awaiting that blob.

EDIT

Really glad to see Edinburgh in particular getting streamed (incoming again!).

I promised the team at work they'd get plastered most likely if this came off as predicted. Been like a kid in a candy shop for a week or so.

Was well pleased when I could give the order to abandon ship the day. 

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 3