Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

Looks pretty much like a rerun of the January 87 event I keep banging on about in Glasgow! :D

Hoping Dundee can join in the fun a little bit, still stuck at 2cm here in the Ferry.

• Like 2
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, 101_North said:

After a brief lull it's hammering down again here!

Unreal again! Visibility down to about 20m again! Probably the heaviest shower so far to be honest!!! Just great stuff. Not even worried about depths now - just enjoying this :D

• Like 3

I'm so sorry, I got so excited and the forum so busy that I've not been thanking people or giving them smilies. Consider yerselves all thanked, not had as much fun in ages lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, Benvironment said:

Dammit! It's doing it again!! Snow to the north of Fife, the south of Fife, the west of Fife and the east of Fife but bog-all in the middle. It was doing that this morning when I took this pic on Falkland Hill. Gawd it was cold!

P1170555.jpg

Braver than me, I only made the park with the dog this morning.

2 minutes ago, Northern Strath said:

Blizzards galore for much of eastern Scotland, meanwhile, here near the northern edge of the Cairngorms National park..

Tweet-tweet.... Tweet-tweetIMG_7328.thumb.PNG.52cd80163b797275492b936612b55ace.PNG

:D

@mardatha you better give hubby a snorkel for digging oot the path tomorrow morn

The operators of Cairngorm, Glenshee and The Lecht ski centre must be scunnered seeing all this snow pile into the central belt and the Borders.  A few days ago it looked as though it would be them catching some of the heaviest snowfalls - looks like they have caught relatively little.

This is what I call a proper whiteout!!!! (best I have ever seen from my house! - video below) 

Bloody hell!!!!!!! ??????

HONESTLY HOW ARE WE EVER GOING TO BETTER TODAY!!!!???? 

Winter 2018/19 you have one hell of a job on yer hands!!! :rofl:

CF25FF07-5E0E-4A91-912F-07EDC967726F.MOV

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Looks pretty much like a rerun of the January 87 event I keep banging on about in Glasgow! :D

Hoping Dundee can join in the fun a little bit, still stuck at 2cm here in the Ferry.

1987 is exactly what this has put me in mind of. In Glasgow at least it seems better than 2010 in terms of intensity.

• Like 1

Anything good on the telly tonight ? Only kidding. I was dreaming of the rain/snow radar last night, and .......................

The snow is blizzard like in Cambuslang. Must be about 10 cm, will need to go and measure it. I haven't seen anything likei it. Looking east on the radar, I almost don't want to mention it in case it changes. The map is all Pink(snaw) out to the North Sea.

They may need to up the Warning to double Red.

1 minute ago, Staffordshire said:

What sort of totals have you guys got thus far, before the red warning has came into play?

I think here in Central Glasgow we were probably 15, possibly even 20cm, with drifting snow. Remember that's in the middle of a large urban area which is sheltered from the worst weather.

• Like 1
Just now, Staffordshire said:

What sort of totals have you guys got thus far, before the red warning has came into play?

Around 12-15cm level - really hard to measure accurately. Drifting to over a foot. 

• Like 1