Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Sam Mithell said:

Keep watching the radar with interest , seems it might clip Perth... Anyone?

very light clip if it does and may even be sleet but fingers crossed

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Stuart Taylor said:

Motherwell updated to heavy snow at 0200 on the met office app too.

What about tomorrow evening? The BBC forecast has loads of white over us then? Nobody seems to have mentioned that much, are they probably wrong? 

One snow event at a time mate ? I mentioned it earlier, looking like a possibly similar set-up to yesterday, and I saw mention of the heavy frequent showers merging into longer spells of snow. I said I reckon there'll be an amber warning in similar areas to yesterday so long as nothing changes between now and then. Similar wind direction to yesterday too on a WNW, could be another interesting one but will need to wait and see tomorrow how it's looking after we're done with the madness tonight lol

Edited by Ruzzi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Stuart Taylor said:

Motherwell updated to heavy snow at 0200 on the met office app too.

What about tomorrow evening? The BBC forecast has loads of white over us then? Nobody seems to have mentioned that much, are they probably wrong? 

Yeh noticed that Friday am has a pasting for here early doors but no mentions anywhere else.

Edited by Rickoza
3 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

Sleet here in Mwell at the moment, all it's doing is speeding up the thawing :sorry:

Should hopefully turn to proper snow later as the heavier stuff arrives...if it gets this far.  

Reporting Scotland weather earlier suggested they thought the ‘Hamilton area’ might be at the northern limit of the snow...oh, the suspense!:D  Not sure how much attention to pay to the automated forecasts which suggest it might make it a bit further north.  Will be using the time honoured ‘look oot the windae’ method to check!

front has been downgraded all week in a sense and now looks very weak.... still some isolated places going to take a doing but no hope of anything decent north of Hamilton..... tomorrow night looks good for the f00king west again :sorry:

Light, occasionally moderate snow on and off for much of the evening. Has given a slight covering anywhere the lying snow has been cleared. The heavier band to the south doesn't look like it is making it any further north. 

Friday looking like a repeat of Tuesday possibly?

IMG_3360.thumb.PNG.aea429ea73a174707658eb88661c0c2f.PNG

Do any of you live in the Lowther Hills? I would love to know the snow depths there. The webcam in Leadhills looks like there is some really deep snow in that area. 

IMG_2534.PNG

Edited by John_T
  • Like 2