Jump to content

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

Snow shower in St Andrews, fluffy flakes but not settling. I remember some idiot talking about wet baw temperature and I’m afraid he may have been right. I expect that to change later on. :D

Edited by Hawesy
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hawesy said:

Snow shower on St Andrews, fluffy flakes but not settling. I remember some idiot talking about wet naw temperature and I’m afraid he may have been right. I expect that to change later on. :D

Change later to a wet 'Aye' temperature? 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys

Hope you don't mind me inhabiting your regional thread whilst I'm here lol!

As I say,  I'm in Strathyre until Friday,  forecast looks great! I'm hoping for a good snow day tomorrow,  what do you all think? :)

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Serac said:

Come on Met Office .... you know you want to ..... time for a cheeky wee red warning for tomorrow surely

I think it will come tonight. The fact that it coincides with both rush hours tomorrow aswell, bound to happen. Wouldn't be surprised if they announce later today that the schools are closed tomorrow as a preemptive measure 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Serac said:

Come on Met Office .... you know you want to ..... time for a cheeky wee red warning for tomorrow surely

I think it's quite possible as there will be pretty significant disruption across the central belt tomorrow. The red warnings seem to be reserved for the most populous areas. London had a red warning for about 5 cms of snow a few years back. The amount of snow is not really what warrants a red warning I believe but it's the disruption expected and the central belt should should warrant one because there's going to be a lot of snow and it will cause havoc on such a populated area with some of the busiest motorways in the UK.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Winter Cold said:

Hey guys

Hope you don't mind me inhabiting your regional thread whilst I'm here lol!

As I say,  I'm in Strathyre until Friday,  forecast looks great! I'm hoping for a good snow day tomorrow,  what do you all think? :)

Mountain weather forecast for south-east highlands mentions heavy snow, whiteout and risk of lightning. Obviously conditions down in Strathyre, (sheltered by the side of Loch Lubnaig with high hills to the east) won’t be as intense, but I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a decent amount of snow.

http://www.mwis.org.uk/scottish-forecast.asp?fa=SH&d=2018-02-28

 Definitely not a day for going up a hill! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, More Snow said:

I'm so tempted to dip into the nut house and say "these uppers look a bit marginal" :rofl:

Noo don't you go disappearing again when there is soooo much Mair Snaw ready tae be delivered tae yer hoose :rofl:

Whit a furst fkn Winter up here you are huvin MS :yahoo:

 

Big Innes :D

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spindrift2017 said:

Mountain weather forecast for south-east highlands mentions heavy snow, whiteout and risk of lightning. Obviously conditions down in Strathyre, (sheltered by the side of Loch Lubnaig with high hills to the east) won’t be as intense, but I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a decent amount of snow.

http://www.mwis.org.uk/scottish-forecast.asp?fa=SH&d=2018-02-28

 Definitely not a day for going up a hill! 

Hi. Thanks!  hopefully we call share some good snow pics tomorrow and into Thursday :cold:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Seraphim said:

That's the hailstones on then!

Graupel? When you squeeze the pellets do they break up...if so it's graupel rather than hail....:)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...