Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

10 minutes ago, 101_North said:

As far as I can see it should begin to veer most easterly as the day goes on. Fingers crossed :)

Just heard the forecast on News 24 and your right.   Wind will veer easterly later.   Blimey, that was some forecast for the central belt?   Possible 40cms!   Amber warning still in force for the whole of eastern Scotland depositing a possible 25cms.

• Like 4
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Just heard the forecast on News 24 and your right.   Wind will veer easterly later.   Blimey, that was some forecast for the central belt?   Possible 40cms!   Amber warning still in force for the whole of eastern Scotland depositing a possible 25cms.

Incredible stuff - if even half that comes off - we're going to be looking a widespread chaos tomorrow.  I've opted for the working from home tomorrow and Thursday - there is no way I'm going to attempt the drive to Glasgow.

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Just watching the forecast on the Metoffice site, think we might need bigger shovels. :cold:

Edited by Cheggers
  • Like 5
21 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

Just watching the forecast on the Metoffice site, think we might need bigger shovels. :cold:

Tough!..............Now where did I park that snowblower?:D

Edited by Blitzen
  • Haha 1
Just now, Cheggers said:

Has it even been christened yet?

I bought the bloody thing in 2010!   I think once since then.   I've taken some stick on here for the last 7 years I can tell you!:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, Blitzen said:

I bought the bloody thing in 2010!   I think once since then.   I've taken some stick on here for the last 7 years I can tell you!:D

Need to get a nice bottle of plonk and name it tomorrow, might be a good omen for future winters then.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Oh look who gets zippo from that projection 

Want to borrow a snowblower?:D

Nah....Your area was well and truly covered in the last forecast I saw.   If you ask me, Euro 4 looks a bit tame?   (I hope!)

Edited by Blitzen
1 minute ago, Blitzen said:

Want to borrow a snowblower?:D

Nah....Your area was well and truly covered in the last forecast I saw.   If you ask me, Euro 4 looks a bit tame!   (I hope!)

We'll get sweet fanny adams off a straight easterly. I'm just looking for some ice days but that's a long shot too I think. 

2 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

We'll get sweet fanny adams off a straight easterly. I'm just looking for some ice days but that's a long shot too I think. 

You sheltered from an easterly then?  

11 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

Snow on now in Edinburgh ...

On up here too now. Fairly heavy and settling quickly. Good sign for later :)

Edit: Over as quick as it started

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 3

Back on here properly now. From the look of the radar it will be one shower after another from here on in.

Then a total dumping tomorrow into thursday.

Then back to regular showers for the weekend. 

If I can still see oot the windaes by that point.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3