Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

Just my opinion but with such an upheavel in our weather pattern even just a day in advance (Wednesday)on the local forecast on here we have gone from  snow showers all day to sunshine all day then how on earth can you predict accurately several days in advance. I think until we return to our normal  weather pattern from the west forecasts are going to be more inaccurate and nowcasting will rule.

• Like 2

Have to say that the anticipation of how good this could be, alongside the fear of how disappointing it could be, is wrecking my head!

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Have to say that the anticipation of how good this could be, alongside the fear of how disappointing it could be, is wrecking my head!

.Deleted!:laugh:

3 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Aye, ditto. I'm feeling some re-assurance now that the wind has just turned back to due East at Edin Airport. Previous 14 hours it's been WSW, NW, variable, NNE etc while this isobaric/frontal kink has worked it's way through (and given me nothing better than damp pavements). If it takes the rest of the day for the flow, uppers to get properly established then so be it.

• Like 1

Light dusting here in Thornton. Snow showers blowing through but nothing too serious. Going out with the dog in a bit so will get a feel for that wind chill. Sun breaking through atm.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JoeShmoe said:

Whats the link to the latest uppers ?

I don't have those but the last 12 hours had us in that isobaric kink showing around -8 or -9 uppers in these parts - that's a wee bit too close for comfort in Leith and probably Duddingston. Forecast was always that the down to -15 uppers would rattle in from the east as the day progresses.