DiagonalRedLine

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

32 minutes ago, More Snow said:

@Cheggers thanks for the update. she booked on national express to Edinburgh tomorrow morning and then from there train to Inverurie.

Holiday's over then?  Perhaps she could stop off and get some Buckie on her way... :rofl:

2 minutes ago, mardatha said:

AWESOME!

Just in time as the washing up has piled up some what this week..:rofl:

3 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Hmm, it’s really quietened down on this thread. I’m beginning to think there may just possibly be some correlation between the prospect of snow falling, or snow actually falling and the amount of posts from members. Do you think I’m on to something there? :D

Anyway others have said the same but I would like to add my voice of thanks to everyone for making this such a fun, friendly and unpretentious place to talk about the weather over the last week or so. It’s been quite a ride weather-wise  and the quality of banter has been high! :)

A special word of thanks to the regulars* on this thread, the guys and gals who post year round whether it’s an epic easterly at the end of winter or a boring drizzlefest in the beginning of June. They know who they are but @CatchMyDrift @Hairy Celt @Northernlights @Ravelin @Blitzen @NUT @Cheggers  and their like (definitely not an exhaustive list). You guys lead this thread, we just follow! 

* I consider myself a solid semi-regular these days. :D

Hopefully we'll pick up a few more regulars over the next year. It was pretty good over the past year that the thread kept ticking over but the more the merrier :)

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Hairy Celt said:

Holiday's over then?  Perhaps she could stop off and get some Buckie on her way... :rofl:

I did ask her too as she has a 3 hour wait in Edinburgh, I'm not sure the swear filter in here would cope with the answer..

• Like 1

Just now, More Snow said:

Just in time as the washing up has piled up some what this week..:rofl:

And the washing basket, and the hoovering, and changing the bedding, and cleaning the toilet... (Been there...)

• Like 1

Gentle snow falling in Aberdeen giving a light top up it seems to be pepping up a bit off the coast so maybe more to come.

• Like 1

The wife thinks I'm nuts and the kids are bored but yes....... I am about to sit on an upturned plastic tub and have a glass of wine :D

IMG_20180303_183142-1392x1856.thumb.jpg.199239a513e5a43ed883955f974279a6.jpg

• Like 5

As an occasional lurker I'd like to add my thanks to everyone who has been posting. I've had great fun reading all the posts.

I don't know anything about weather beyond what I observe when I look up at the sky so feel rather under qualified posting anywhere else on the forum but I feel qualified to comment here, since I know what buckfast is, and I've hunted high and low for a plain loaf this week so I feel an affinity with you all. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

And the washing basket, and the hoovering, and changing the bedding, and cleaning the toilet... (Been there...)

Not a chance of that in my house, I'm a bloody clean freak me, I even hoover the walls :rofl:

1 minute ago, TPStones said:

As an occasional lurker I'd like to add my thanks to everyone who has been posting. I've had great fun reading all the posts.

I don't know anything about weather beyond what I observe when I look up at the sky so feel rather under qualified posting anywhere else on the forum but I feel qualified to comment here, since I know what buckfast is, and I've hunted high and low for a plain loaf this week so I feel an affinity with you all. 

If you got any buckfast can you drop it over to me Ive not had a fix in days...:drunk-emoji:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 101_North said:

The wife thinks I'm nuts and the kids are bored but yes....... I am about to sit on an upturned plastic tub and have a glass of wine :D

Legend! :D

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, More Snow said:

If you got any buckfast can you drop it over to me Ive not had a fix in days...:drunk-emoji:

you do know that Buckfast is rarely drunk up here in Aberdeenshire more a central belt liquer,those Rothienorman folk not introduced you to the local hooch yet?  

9 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Suitably chilled, in more ways then one. I'll raise one to you in my very imaginary igloo later :drinks:

That goes to everyone, just to add to the spirit (hic) of @Hawesy

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, drm said:

you do know that Buckfast is rarely drunk up here in Aberdeenshire more a central belt liquer,those Rothienorman folk not introduced you to the local hooch yet?  

I will drink anything me. I have a few friends in the Glasgow area and it was them that got me started on it. still not wrecked the house on it yet.

Just now, More Snow said:

I will drink anything me. I have a few friends in the Glasgow area and it was them that got me started on it. still not wrecked the house on it yet.

its pretty hard to find in the shops here and those ive seen are £7 a pop 

Posted (edited)

costcutter Hunlty. and yes £7 a bottle but hey a little of what ya fancy does ya good.

Edited by More Snow
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, More Snow said:

You're out of luck, sadly. Any wine round this way has been well quaffed by the locals. It's been like 28 days later round this way. Any shops have been picked clean, even all the soy milk has sold out. 😱

Climbed to 1.5c today and snow softened and roofs started to drip but from 4.00pm the frost returned and everything crunched up and it is currently 0c Not so many showers this afternoon but odd flakes still falling this evening

Cows made  it out to neeps in field and you could see the smiles on their faces. Pruned apple trees in garden and trimmed back a holly bush so moving about kept me warm in spite of the fresh east wind.

Thank you Hawsey for your kind words about us all

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, 101_North said:

The first thing I thought of when I saw that,  was how very easy it would be to seal you inside!............:D 

Been one of the best winters I have spent on here actually.   Loved the banter,  safe in the knowledge that nothing would be taken  too seriously.   Except for 101-North that is  'cause I meant every effing word! :laugh::give_rose:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Clocked this earlier and thought it was probably a once in a lifetime shot 😂 

Must be about 4 foot easy those icicles 

IMG_8695.PNG

• Like 6