Jump to content

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have never seen so much snow in my life like today,I was trying to reach my friend who lives in  Manor Kilbride on Sally gap road(Wicklow Mountains)  to give him a lift to the shops as he spent last

Lovely record breaking morning from West Wicklow, we have got an inch or two on the ground

But but but... Who'd collect for the many charities, or sing in the gospel choir on Sunday mornings? What happened out there was premeditated looting. It's disgraceful. Shocking and abusing the f

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Anyone in Northern Louth to confirm the snow has arrived?

If you animate the radar its jumping all over the place from lisburn to louth, could be a glitch in the matrix.

Net weather forum crashing, MetO animated not working......bodes well for rest of week :D

Get the camera charged rochey, we need photos.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Anyone in Northern Louth to confirm the snow has arrived?

It is snowing in Louth right now but it is very tiny flakes, like almost micro snow mixed in with some ice pellets.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mountain shadow said:

I wonder if these showers might make across to the East?

 

 

image.png

Been watching that too MS, they could pep up a little over the sea too... A watchful eye!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rocheydub said:

You weren't kidding when you said 'light' :-)

Nothing here yet, though I'm told there have been wisps of snow over in the leafy suburbs of Clontarf!

Ha that was its starting , Its getting a bit heavier now in bursts. Waiting on the cold pool to eject properly tonight

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

During the press conference, Evelyn Cusack was asked about similarities to 1982. She said that there were some similarities but she couldn't say whether it would be as bad as 1982, "it could be worse". 

She wasn't comfortable about predicting a number for snow totals apart from possibly "many cm". 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, radiohead said:

During the press conference, Evelyn Cusack was asked about similarities to 1982. She said that there were some similarities but she couldn't say whether it would be as bad as 1982, "it could be worse". 

She wasn't comfortable about predicting a number for snow totals apart from possibly "many cm". 

She can't sit on the fence for too long. I'm guessing by this time tomorrow morning they should be more certain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sparky72 said:

Sounds like the south and east are going to get hammered ?

I wonder how far north and west it can reach?

No confirmation yet on the track of the low, it could track north (yes please) or east (no thanks)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sitting drinking my Starbucks in Bangor and there are a few light flurries in the wind.

looking at the latest charts I think the low being shown to be slightly further south and east appears to keep us in the colder uppers for longer with the mild not reaching us. Doesn’t appear to rise higher than -6 850’s in NI. Still a good chance as well if a significant snow event thurs and fri with winds gusting 60mph mean speeds 35mph. It’s a wait and see. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

No confirmation yet on the track of the low, it could track north (yes please) or east (no thanks)

South should do really well. For the north as a whole including the east coast of northern. Ireland I don’t think there will be much disruptive snow ar all. Maybe thurs night and fri if the low hits us but apart from that nothing special at all here. Wouldn’t be surprised it meto change their warnings for the north either but obviously things could change for the better but presently it’s not great. Southern Ireland looks great though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Neiller22 said:

South should do really well. For the north as a whole including the east coast of northern. Ireland I don’t think there will be much disruptive snow ar all. Maybe thurs night and fri if the low hits us but apart from that nothing special at all here. Wouldn’t be surprised it meto change their warnings for the north either but obviously things could change for the better but presently it’s not great. Southern Ireland looks great though. 

Don’t think it’s set in stone yet Neiller. Still precipitation charts showing heavy snow Thursday and Friday for NI. Fingers crossed

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, johnny1972 said:

Don’t think it’s set in stone yet Neiller. Still precipitation charts showing heavy snow Thursday and Friday for NI. Fingers crossed

Personally I think that’s our only chance because even though we are in a warning weds and thurs I can’t see it coming to much shower activity wise. As MS says maybe SE NI but everywhere else looks dry. For me it’s get lucky with this low or a bust and that would be awful considering all the background signals. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...