Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Deep Snow please

North West England Regional Discussion Thread 15/1/2018 onwards

Very light now. Fizzling out. 

Gone from dandruff to light snow here, still not giving a covering but getting a bit heavier. Not evening managed to cover the concrete yet though

The front is moving in a se'wards direction whilst it waves in a NE to SW direction so some heavy bursts can' be ruled out anywhere.

Snow has got heavier again here, although again don't think much is accumlating. As it happens, the mild sector is still being squeezed out and according to the models, the upper air temp will fall to -8 by this afternoon.

Radar isn’t showing true rates, should be lighter here but it’s snowing the heaviest all day so far. No settling though. 

Still quite heavy here but is refusing to stick. Weather station back online, 0.5°C 

Still going but not sticking now. Whatever stuck is now melting. Is this as good as it gets?

I have been upgraded from dandruff to proper flakes

Tuned heavy here now, looks like the showers have pepped up ahead of the front which is till over blackpool.

4 minutes ago, karyo said:

I have been upgraded from dandruff to proper flakes

Yes, looking out of my office window in the CC I can something white floating about in the wind, not much though!