Snow?

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If everyone on here could be friendly and (ideally) find a sense of humour, that would just be hunky dorey.

So just to clarify CK1981 because I have not seen you say this 2,350 times in the last 136 pages of this thread you think there will be something interesting around Mid Month ??? Dont want to go to be

Have nade my first mini snow man. First in 5 years.

Posted Images

On a slightly different not, just popped over to the mod thread and there  looks like we might be in for a little cold spell, starting to show signs on the GFS. LETS HOPE IT STAYS LONG ENOUGH 

• Like 2

I wonder if the bridge will be shut soon. I might need to go out sooner rather than later if so, or I won't be getting anywhere fast! it causes absolute chaos around here!  

• Like 1

Got a bit darker, had some heavy ish rain, the winds didn't seem to pick up much and it looks quite calm out.

• Like 1

It may be a very mild day but the weather is quite wild outside.  There has been fine drizzle (the worst sort of rain) with gusts of wind at 32.7 mph .  The winds are coming from a South Westerly direction and the temperature is a mild 12.6 °C .

1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Well that was a bit of an anticlimax lol, there was about 10 minutes of heavy rain but the wind has died right down. 

Agreed, it looked as if it was breaking up a bit on the radar and we seem to be sitting under heavy rain rather than a dramatic squall. 

• Like 1

The squall line just passed, blink and you missed it. Two minutes heavy rain and a long, not very powerful gust of wind. Now some more blah yuk dull rain to come. Roll on tomorrow when allegedly, it shall be sunny n dry :D

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Well that was a bit of an anticlimax lol, there was about 10 minutes of heavy rain but the wind has died right down. 

Was mental on top of Marlow hill when it came through, unfortunately I was making muck up so couldn't take any videos or photos but a fantastic gust front. 

Now very heavy rain the front seems to have slowed down over our region so a few hours of heavy to moderate rain to come, very wet here now 

• Like 2

The wind was far stronger before the squall line. In fact, the wind dropped dramatically during the heavy rain. I’m so glad I got my long walk in before the heavens opened!

• Like 3