SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If everyone on here could be friendly and (ideally) find a sense of humour, that would just be hunky dorey.

So just to clarify CK1981 because I have not seen you say this 2,350 times in the last 136 pages of this thread you think there will be something interesting around Mid Month ??? Dont want to go to be

Have nade my first mini snow man. First in 5 years.

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, E17boy said:

Yes quite agree will probably be different tomorrow., but that area of snow that is showing up over France on Tuesday has really caught my eye can we get some adjustments. My wishful thinking ??

Yes a few of us have had our eye on that French snow, would have loved a bit of that coming our way.:)

5 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yes thats exactly what I thought.:rofl:

Anyway, massive EURO4 upgrade, we have a big snow blob now moving towards London, a lot further west and much bigger than it was earlier. This could be a Thames Streamer after all, wind dirrection looks right too.:yahoo:

Oh, and they are definitely underestimating PPN too @ 06h which is now.

18020506_0418.gif

18020512_0418.gif

18020512_0418-1.gif

There’ll be chaos on Wrotham and Bluebell hills tomorrow rush hour then :D

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Been snowing quite steadily for a while in Hailsham but nothing settling yet. Need another one degree drop in temperature I reckon.

23yfa3.thumb.jpg.d643c69fa29ff6d29c9f1504ea50669e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
5 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

What is graupel??

Snow that looks like white hail, very light roles in the wind like polistarine balls.

It was icey sleet in this case anyway.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Good night peeps, I guess some of you will wake to a covering, so please post the pics, unlikely here in south London tonight, though stranger things  have happened ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Nick F said:

Good night peeps, I guess some of you will wake to a covering, so please post the pics, unlikely here in south London tonight, though stranger things  have happened ...

I’d say S London has a better chance than here near Heathrow! Good luck on getting snow tho 

Just checked meto here’s my weather report. Bit of a shock. Are bbc still using meto or have they changed yet??? Surprised about Thursday/Friday 

C0A93B1F-EBC7-4D46-B6FE-C00909E3F70B.jpeg

128C8E32-EE0B-4BA2-939A-C11E87CA2E7F.png

Edited by DonnaThw
2 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Just checked meto here’s my weather report. Bit of a shock. Are bbc still using meto or have they changed yet??? Surprised about Thursday/Friday 

C0A93B1F-EBC7-4D46-B6FE-C00909E3F70B.jpeg

128C8E32-EE0B-4BA2-939A-C11E87CA2E7F.png

It will all change in the coming days

11 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

Still think it’s just going to be a Kent event 

From beeb forecast she mentioned a covering a snow possible even in SE London although I’m not really that southeast so for myself I do not expect that. This was expected upon current flow from bbc graphics they only really had snow showers going properly inland from 0500 it looked best for NW Kent the night is young. 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1