Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
3 minutes ago, ICE COLD said:

Well I hope that's bang on I'm right under the green blob ??

Euro4 take it further north on the 18z though, EA still seems to be in the firing line. Could be some surprises tomorrow evening.:cold: 

18020918_0818.gif

18021000_0818.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Well let’s hope for some of the wintry stuff!!

Anyway I had to use public transport today to get to and from work. Normally I drive and listen to a mixture of talk sport and radio 5 live. At the beginning of the week there was an article around the weather and local dialogue explaining it.... Well tonight walking home from the station “My cockles are frozen, and have shrunk” I’m going to put that forward as a SE saying.... :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
38 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

I have documented in the MOD thread this winter that the HIRLAM has been the best high res model...

6FE65523-461F-4F75-8E57-1C15D42F0F5A.thumb.png.58ddf563771fdc98f0db16478f2ba193.png

In that case fingers crossed, got to admit the temp do not have to drop far even now. DP only 2.3 temp 4.8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

With regards to the SSW event we are led to believe is going to happen...

IF/when it does the physics are way out there in chaos theory and although it's an exciting event for us 'coldies' there's little evidence that it will directly affect our itsy ikle island on the upper (ish) near (ish) top right edge of the Atlantic on our planet. 

If it's colder above us..what happens? If it's warmer above us in the strat what happens? fxck knows! but something will - but not necessarily cold!  I wish it were simpler.

Surprises that might happen in two or three weeks time is like Christmas :D

I'm holding my hopes and waiting to take the blue pill or red pill? or just enjoy what happens :)

ps it's dark outside right now, light breeze but warmer than yesterday at this time and the buses have stopped running, must be time for bed

Edited by Pixel
additional weather information

Posted
5 minutes ago, Pixel said:

With regards to the SSW event we are led to believe is going to happen...

IF/when it does the physics are way out there in chaos theory and although it's an exciting event for us 'coldies' there's little evidence that it will directly affect our itsy ikle island on the upper (ish) near (ish) top right edge of the Atlantic on our planet. 

If it's colder above us..what happens? If it's warmer above us in the strat what happens? fxck knows! but something will - but not necessarily cold!  I wish it were simpler.

Surprises that might happen in two or three weeks time is like Christmas :D

I'm holding my hopes and waiting to take the blue pill or red pill? or just enjoy what happens :)

ps it's dark outside right now, light breeze but warmer than yesterday at this time and the buses have stopped running, must be time for bed

The ssw is starting now, there's no ifs and buts on that any more, we just have to wait and see where it leads. Expect the models to change every 5 mins for a while now. Will it be favourable or not, no one knows.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Delete

Edited by TomSE12
Photo didnt come out

Posted

Morning. Still very windy and the rain arrived overnight so rather wet outside too. Currently 4c, gusting into the mid 30mph.

NW radar says sleet moving into the west of London now, with snow not far behind. Anyone up that way confirm sleetiness?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms

Radar grabs suggest wintry mix on the back edge of the front, can see the heavy snow showers building in the occluded front, let’s hope it stays at the same strength as it’s sinks away this afternoon and tonight.

My take as if now, blue line westwards is where the cold air is moving in, and obviously red line is that occluded front bringing the possible snow/sleet to our region later on. 

The fax charts seems to keep the occluded front, going as it leaves SE U.K., however I’m unsure why Met office haven’t even forecast any precipitation later on, but models and bbc do. Let a days radar watching begin.

ALL I CAN SAY RIGHT NOW IN BRENTSOOD ITS PIDDLING IT DOWN!

F690DFD5-C9C7-46CA-9AC8-E2B5614F55A4.jpeg

BEB9C9BC-EDAB-47D8-8D79-5C43385937BA.png

85DA82A9-2967-493F-B96F-7155DFA71D12.png

Edited by Justin123
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It's stopped doing what it's doing. And no, i'm under the pink but weather say no. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Dami said:

It's stopped doing what it's doing. And no, i'm under the pink but weather say no. 

must start soon for you, as the radar relies on model input so you may se snowflakes in the next hour or so, who knows anymore ?

Posted
9 minutes ago, Justin123 said:

Radar grabs suggest wintry mix on the back edge of the front, can see the heavy snow showers building in the occluded front, let’s hope it stays at the same strength as it’s sinks away this afternoon and tonight.

My take as if now, blue line westwards is where the cold air is moving in, and obviously red line is that occluded front bringing the possible snow/sleet to our region later on. 

The fax charts seems to keep the occluded front, going as it leaves SE U.K., however I’m unsure why Met office haven’t even forecast any precipitation later on, but models and bbc do. Let a days radar watching begin.

ALL I CAN SAY RIGHT NOW IN BRENTSOOD ITS PIDDLING IT DOWN!

F690DFD5-C9C7-46CA-9AC8-E2B5614F55A4.jpeg

BEB9C9BC-EDAB-47D8-8D79-5C43385937BA.png

85DA82A9-2967-493F-B96F-7155DFA71D12.png

Drawing those blue and red lines with the short explanation makes it so much easier to understand what’s going on.  Thanks.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Sharpedge said:

Drawing those blue and red lines with the short explanation makes it so much easier to understand what’s going on.  Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Sharpedge said:

No problem it helps us out, I don’t really understand it, when people go really technical so I’ll deliver the refined explanations.

Edited by Justin123
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms
On 01/01/2018 at 21:19, Southender said:

Off to Iceland on Thursday, coming back on Sunday....just in time perhaps...

Enjoy mate !

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Kept awake, in the middle of the night, by some persistent rain and quite gusty winds.

Off to Bromley, in a bit, to get a couple of bits for my son. Looks like rain clearing now. Wonder if the ppn, over Wales at mo, and heading SE, will produce a few snowflakes, when it arrives, later on, over our region? 

Quite a few reports of snow falling, in the Welsh thread but of course, they do have more elevation, there.

Regards.

Tom.

Good morning all you great people hope everyone is good and well. On the train now going towards Milton Keynes it's amazing tho because I have just come into the clearance of the front that is over our region at the moment can see some blue sky. 

I don't know what kind of weather it will be today in MK but I hope to see some wintry stuff fingers crossed. The good news this morning is that the metoffice extended update has not taken out the easterly element so they are still sticking to the guns and extending the cold into March with snow as well. All exciting times but as long as we tear it with caution till nearer the time. 

Anyway good buddies it's Friday  hope you all have a beautiful day and hope we see some flakes as well. 

All the best good day all

????

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Just had a brief flurry of snow for about 5 mins as the front cleared chessington . Back edge LOL .clear skies now moving in .

Edited by Mark wheeler

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

will it, won't it, will it won't it??:fool:

it didn't. deffo rain on way to school. wind is cold

Posted
2 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Well won't be any snow here, warmed up since we transferred into the occlusion?

It’s 4c from 7c

1 minute ago, Justin123 said:

It’s 4c from 7c

I am in Milton Keynes now and it's really cold here that wind has really got something to it. Dry here at the moment with broken cloud but I am expecting something when that second occlusion comes over.

regards ????

Posted
5 minutes ago, Justin123 said:

It’s 4c from 7c

We start at 3.4, it's now 4.3 lol looks like the occlusions temp is 4c

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
33 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

will it, won't it, will it won't it??:fool:

It didn't. it hasn't and it wont :D