Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Another thing I always look forward to, is the first really mild day following a protracted spell of snow and/or hard frost...With the noteworthy exception of previously hard-frozen dog turds, the scents of the onset of milder weather can be quite uplifting. March 1963, January 1968, February 1969, March 1970, March 1979, January 1982...all spring to mind...

Every cloud has its silver lining?:drunk-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Ed Stone said:

Another thing I always look forward to, is the first really mild day following a protracted spell of snow and/or hard frost...With the noteworthy exception of previously hard-frozen dog turds, the scents of the onset of milder weather can be quite uplifting. March 1963, January 1968, February 1969, March 1970, March 1979, January 1982...all spring to mind...

Every cloud has its silver lining?:drunk-emoji:

You can’t say that in here, Ed.....someone might throw a tantrum ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, CK1981 said:

You can’t say that in here, Ed.....someone might throw a tantrum ?

It's okay, I checked...they're all too busy looking for their toys, after the 12Z!:santa-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Despite the very slight 'downgrade ' it's still 10x better than any spell here in the south east in the last 5 years..

Posted
29 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

I think a lot of us will be chilling a bit next week :D

It looks like we’ll get the ice....let’s hope it’s not cheap nasty stuff. :D 

4B01A60D-2409-4FE3-9567-226E8BCAD36A.thumb.jpeg.c80cc9a8f396022d0adb77ac7c0f6673.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted

ECM not as good as this morning so far.

Cold uppers initially, but up to -6 at 120, so higher than this morning’s run.

Let’s see what the rest of the run brings ?

Mild sector incoming at 144, much like the GFS.

Edited by CK1981

Posted

It is interesting over on the mods thread not one person has thrown toys and add to the fact that the gfs does not handle cold at all well. I may add that seasoned professionals who state that the gfs 12z is no snore fest and outside of the reliable time frame sime believw it to be one od the snowiest in a lomg time. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
9 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Fgs ! Please don’t turn this into the mod thread... ppl come here for serenity.... I’m doing a ( can’t mention any names ) special of saying I’m off and then coming back and posting  :rofl:

only Coz someone mentioned SNOW 

who was that numpty  lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
4 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Don't worry about BBC forcast they will change every 12 hours 

Agree @Surrey 

The BBC forecasts change daily leading up to a cold spell, the daily norm since I can remember. 

As for the latest models runs, this to is the norm, once the reliable creeps in - the models creep away. Standard!! 

Still struggling to see why anyone over on the MOD thread is so suprised by this. Happens every time. 

A cold week for sure next week - beats Atlantic muck whether it snows or not. 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Agree @Surrey 

The BBC forecasts change daily leading up to a cold spell, the daily norm since I can remember. 

As for the latest models runs, this to is the norm, once the reliable creeps in - the models creep away. Standard!! 

Still struggling to see why anyone over on the MOD thread is so suprised by this. Happens every time. 

A cold week for sure next week - beats Atlantic muck whether it snows or not. 

A pretty standard winter cold spell, but compared with recent winters, a welcome change!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

A pretty standard winter cold spell, but compared with recent winters, a welcome change!

A massive welcome change and I think that many of us will see some of the best wintry weather from Sunday onwards for years.. 

That's kind of the thing though 2010 set such a high bench mark that we constantly try and compare any cold spell to it and frankly you can't do that.. 

I admit, I have not had proper snowball snow in my location for about 5-6 years. I've seen falling snow some temp slushy snow but not the proper stuff. 

Anything thrown at us next week be it 1cm or 10cm will be a massive relief and we'll earned snow. 

Some I think are getting a bit jealous that for once, the south east looks to fair very well from any wintry weather next week, that's not to say other areas won't. 

Now if we can all do a little snow dance that would be word class 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Surrey said:

A massive welcome change and I think that many of us will see some of the best wintry weather from Sunday onwards for years.. 

That's kind of the thing though 2010 set such a high bench mark that we constantly try and compare any cold spell to it and frankly you can't do that.. 

I admit, I have not had proper snowball snow in my location for about 5-6 years. I've seen falling snow some temp slushy snow but not the proper stuff. 

Anything thrown at us next week be it 1cm or 10cm will be a massive relief and we'll earned snow. 

Some I think are getting a bit jealous that for once, the south east looks to fair very well from any wintry weather next week, that's not to say other areas won't. 

Now if we can all do a little snow dance that would be word class 

Pretty much the same here, Surrey.

Funny you should mention a snow dance, I’ve been doing so many I have a full routine now ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

How has it all gone so wrong..

The deep cold uppers have gone replaced wth standard cold.

The Easterly just not happening just a cold block. Why!!!!!:angry::angry:

I now have model fatigue & im going to bed ..:nonono::nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Latest 12z Euro4 shows showers starting off as rain on Sunday, strange because uppers and dew points seem ok to me, I mean how low do we need uppers to go before we get snow around this way? We have -9c hpa generally in the SE there.:cc_confused:

18020412_0212-1.gif

18020412_0212-2.gif

18020412_0212.gif

Posted
8 minutes ago, craigore said:

How has it all gone so wrong..

The deep cold uppers have gone replaced wth standard cold.

The Easterly just not happening just a cold block. Why!!!!!:angry::angry:

I now have model fatigue & im going to bed ..:nonono::nonono:

The way recent winters have been, I suppose it was always too good to be true sadly.  I wish I could take a sledgehammer to those models!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
33 minutes ago, Surrey said:

No still on course for some cold, people just getting annoyed because it doesn't look great for them 

Spot on, the mod thread is mad because most people there are not Kent based, we seem to be prime for this, the rest of the UK not so much.