Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
DiagonalRedLine

North West England Regional Weather Discussion - 09/12/2017 Onwards

I've just seen this strange thing in the sky wasn't sure to begin with but it was 

the Sun

Watching weather on BBC looks like everyone had some snow except here

There does appear to be an organised line of snow showers moving south at the minute in Scotland, be nice if that produced tonight.

Just now, Day 10 said:

There does appear to be an organised line of snow showers moving south at the minute in Scotland, be nice if that produced tonight.

Would be nice but I doubt it ....

2 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

It will probably fizzle out just as it hits the northwest then re-intensify as it hits stoke leaving a good 6 inches in it's wake.

16 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

:rofl:

2 minutes ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

Not even getting muself excited about friday6F9CA022-F3E9-45EA-806B-FBE7D58EB53F.thumb.png.d024adbe25da7ea842a03f57bbb37bdf.png7030C866-9719-4816-99AE-A21398A554FD.thumb.png.70d9ab5f2fb902ea928578917be6008c.png

Just a tad southwest please, then stall for days on end! :drinks:

Well, some of our best snowfalls always come from battleground scenarios. Maybe it’s our turn this time?

hope everyone had a nice Christmas :)

I think you have to be at least in the MO warning zone to have a chance. 

Nice winters day now, just a shame that post Christmas inside jobs prevent me from getting out and blowing a few cobwebs away.

Interesting to see Fridays BBC forecast showing snow widely across the region now even if only for the first part of the event but it’s a slight upgrade from what was showing earlier and before that there is the change of some overnight showers for those favoured by the NW wind.

Poor GFS, it looks like it's pushing further northeast! When we want it further south it goes north and when we want it further north it goes south, you couldn't make it up! Utter sh##e!

The 12z GFS has shifted the incoming low on a slightly more southerly track so it looks better for Friday morning, especially north of Manchester.

3 minutes ago, karyo said:

The 12z GFS has shifted the incoming low on a slightly more southerly track so it looks better for Friday morning, especially north of Manchester.

hmmmm

looks poor to me and bang on with the meto warning which is just typical for us in the NW!

1.thumb.GIF.03a959287d541d74ee76abf8cd7d6658.GIF

8 minutes ago, karyo said:

If it pushed on a more southerly track wouldnt it be better for places further south than the images above for friday!

1 minute ago, Day 10 said:

looks poor to me and bang on with the meto warning which is just typical for us in the NW!

1.thumb.GIF.03a959287d541d74ee76abf8cd7d6658.GIF

The important thing is that it is correcting south. The GFS was persistently too far north with the last 2 events so it may go further south.

The Aprege is further south compared to the gfs and gives the entire region a spell of snow.

4 minutes ago, shaky said:

If it pushed on a more southerly track wouldnt it be better for places further south than the images above for friday!

It is a small shift south. 

1 minute ago, karyo said:

The important thing is that it is correcting south. The GFS was persistently too far north with the last 2 events so it may go further south.

The Aprege is further south compared to the gfs and gives the entire region a spell of snow.

I hope your right mate, because it's becoming a joke.

Streamer setting up running into North Wales, ever so slowly edging east

6 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Streamer setting up running into North Wales, ever so slowly edging east

Yep Wind is gradually backing through the evening so should get here eventually. A lightning strike on it before. 

Edited by Chris.R