Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
DiagonalRedLine

North West England Regional Weather Discussion - 09/12/2017 Onwards

Recommended Posts

I've just seen this strange thing in the sky wasn't sure to begin with but it was 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

the Sun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching weather on BBC looks like everyone had some snow except here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There does appear to be an organised line of snow showers moving south at the minute in Scotland, be nice if that produced tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Day 10 said:

There does appear to be an organised line of snow showers moving south at the minute in Scotland, be nice if that produced tonight.

Would be nice but I doubt it ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

There does appear to be an organised line of snow showers moving south at the minute in Scotland, be nice if that produced tonight.

It will probably fizzle out just as it hits the northwest then re-intensify as it hits stoke leaving a good 6 inches in it's wake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

There does appear to be an organised line of snow showers moving south at the minute in Scotland, be nice if that produced tonight.

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

Not even getting muself excited about friday6F9CA022-F3E9-45EA-806B-FBE7D58EB53F.thumb.png.d024adbe25da7ea842a03f57bbb37bdf.png7030C866-9719-4816-99AE-A21398A554FD.thumb.png.70d9ab5f2fb902ea928578917be6008c.png

Just a tad southwest please, then stall for days on end! :drinks:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, some of our best snowfalls always come from battleground scenarios. Maybe it’s our turn this time?

hope everyone had a nice Christmas :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you have to be at least in the MO warning zone to have a chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice winters day now, just a shame that post Christmas inside jobs prevent me from getting out and blowing a few cobwebs away.

Interesting to see Fridays BBC forecast showing snow widely across the region now even if only for the first part of the event but it’s a slight upgrade from what was showing earlier and before that there is the change of some overnight showers for those favoured by the NW wind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor GFS, it looks like it's pushing further northeast! When we want it further south it goes north and when we want it further north it goes south, you couldn't make it up! Utter sh##e!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 12z GFS has shifted the incoming low on a slightly more southerly track so it looks better for Friday morning, especially north of Manchester.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, karyo said:

The 12z GFS has shifted the incoming low on a slightly more southerly track so it looks better for Friday morning, especially north of Manchester.

hmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks poor to me and bang on with the meto warning which is just typical for us in the NW!

1.thumb.GIF.03a959287d541d74ee76abf8cd7d6658.GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, karyo said:

The 12z GFS has shifted the incoming low on a slightly more southerly track so it looks better for Friday morning, especially north of Manchester.

If it pushed on a more southerly track wouldnt it be better for places further south than the images above for friday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Day 10 said:

looks poor to me and bang on with the meto warning which is just typical for us in the NW!

1.thumb.GIF.03a959287d541d74ee76abf8cd7d6658.GIF

The important thing is that it is correcting south. The GFS was persistently too far north with the last 2 events so it may go further south.

The Aprege is further south compared to the gfs and gives the entire region a spell of snow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shaky said:

If it pushed on a more southerly track wouldnt it be better for places further south than the images above for friday!

It is a small shift south. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, karyo said:

The important thing is that it is correcting south. The GFS was persistently too far north with the last 2 events so it may go further south.

The Aprege is further south compared to the gfs and gives the entire region a spell of snow.

I hope your right mate, because it's becoming a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Streamer setting up running into North Wales, ever so slowly edging east

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Streamer setting up running into North Wales, ever so slowly edging east

Yep Wind is gradually backing through the evening so should get here eventually. A lightning strike on it before. 

Edited by Chris.R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...