Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve seen lightning to the SW from up here in NE Somerset. We have had a few sleety snowy showers over recent hours when the wind really whips up but nothing of note. Incidentally I am not a lover of

MORNING GANG ,i have not posted much lately ,recently lost my lovely wife of 38 yrs married .Up till about 10 minutes ago i was sat watching the pouring rain and watching the trees swirl in the wind ,

hi gang ,our local yard where they keep the gritters opened up about two hours ago ,they are loading up as i type ,gone much colder last thirty minutes ,think higher elevations could get a good coveri

Posted Images

17 hours ago, kumquat said:

Channel Low - Christmas Day

Don't worry - it will correct south by then :santa-emoji::rofl:

gfs-0-384.png?12

Hopped over from SE region hope you don't mind. I can confirm I live in one of the most southerly most places of the uk and have snow forecast for us on Christmas Day by metcheck :rofl: I can also confirm from reading some of your posts that the snow has come right down in to Kent, settling in Canterbury and other low places in the county. As for me in Rye RAIN and wind and I only live 28 miles from Canterbury. :cc_confused: :wallbash:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heavy snow in Cheltenham from around 4am. Most of it melting on contact with the ground in the town. Smaller flakes now but still coming down. 

It has taken hours but we do have a slushy covering of about 4cm here. Worried about a freeze tonight; side roads are never gritted - will we get out of the expected ice rink tomorrow morning?

A light, wet snow shower here. Not settling due to 6 inches of standing water from earlier torrential and prolonged rain. A slight exaggeration, but there is an awful lot of surface water lying around. Never mind, hope springs eternal and all that.

Hope everyone with decent snow is having a wonderful time! ☺

Please please please bring it my way!!!  Temp is falling dew point is falling. Even just a little bit. Happy for all of you that have got snow if not a little jealous.

It's been a crapy year for me so please just let it snow. Lol

• Like 1