Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Rain gauge has decided to stop working properly. All my other gauges are around 16mm, but my Davis has recorded 8mm. The reed switch is only registering a tip one way, so half of the rainfall will be measured. ;/

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve seen lightning to the SW from up here in NE Somerset. We have had a few sleety snowy showers over recent hours when the wind really whips up but nothing of note. Incidentally I am not a lover of

MORNING GANG ,i have not posted much lately ,recently lost my lovely wife of 38 yrs married .Up till about 10 minutes ago i was sat watching the pouring rain and watching the trees swirl in the wind ,

hi gang ,our local yard where they keep the gritters opened up about two hours ago ,they are loading up as i type ,gone much colder last thirty minutes ,think higher elevations could get a good coveri

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, SteveB said:

Temp is dropping here though Smartie, currently 4.8c and still falling. It was 7.0c at 9.15am

Thought it might be dropping, clouds are moving in a south easterly direction now so the winds have swung round. 

Edited by Smartie
Just now, Smartie said:

Thought it might be dropping, clouds are moving in a south easterly direction now so for winds have swung round. 

The snow line isn't dropping further South yet.

Temp still dropping, 4.2c

2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Rain gauge has decided to stop working properly. All my other gauges are around 16mm, but my Davis has recorded 8mm. The reed switch is only registering a tip one way, so half of the rainfall will be measured. ;/

15.75mm for me so far.

Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

Crazy snow here everything covered. Why is Cardiff not in the warning area? We've another 14 hours of this.

What Temp are you at Jay?

2 minutes ago, Smartie said:

Not gonna look, getting far too depressed lol

It's snowing Smartie

Temp still dropping 3.4c

Edited by SteveB
17 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Bristol is in the eye! Temp dropping again here now.

Stunning to see that eye on radar! 

Regardless of ones hopes, wishes, frustrations etc this is an amazing weather day.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Smartie said:

Hmm, either my eyes are deceiving me or I can see white bits falling mixed in with the rain. 

Nope they are not, snow mixed in with rain.

Temp still dropping, 3.1c, surely we are going to see all snow soon

Temp 2.9c

4 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

Right in the eye.

ss.png

Doesn't that image just about sum it up. ?

Edited by noggin
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Wow this picture is amazing! You can really tell how the wind changes.So once that goes through you should see the temp drop.

Does that mean we might actually see some snow then? ??

• Like 1