The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

12z ICON - west/central midlands light snow intensifying after 9pm lasting till rush hour tomorrow morning.

Sorry on phone cant post pic.

Edited by Paceyboy
  • Like 3
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some pics of my home in Shropshire - it's throwing it down again now.  I'd say we have has about 8 inches but its at least a foot deep on my lawn ans surrounding fields.

17cm of level snow. That's more than Dec 2010 or Dec 1995 managed. It's certainly the most round here since Feb 1991, possibly 1987. 4 years without any significant snow ends like this.!

this mornings drive out or a small bit of it.  

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Paceyboy said:

12z ICON - west/central midlands light snow intensifying after 9pm lasting till rush hour tomorrow morning.

Sorry on phone cant post pic.

Beat me to it lol. Do you really see this outcome tho. The radar in the last 20 minutes does seem to suggest more intensity as it pulls away south. 

2 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Still coming down here, but very very fine now and can barely see it even in the light. Can we expect much more?

Yh around 10pm look at the band heading straight for us met says 4 hours of heavy snow. Madness :cold:

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, snowstorm27x said:

Yh around 10pm look at the band heading straight for us met says 4 hours of heavy snow. Madness :cold:

Iv been downgraded to light snow from heavy snow later but you never know. 

Edited by Matthew Gill
  • Sad 1
Just now, Summer of 95 said:

Still going. You know that fine soaking drizzle that doesn't look or feel heavy but drenches you in minutes? This is the snow equivalent. It looks light but it's put down about another 3cm in the last few hours. 

Amazing isn't it. It's been mostly quite fine in nature for most of the day (though the snowflakes were of a more medium nature at times during the afternoon), but the results speak for themselves. Plenty of times we've had huge fluffy flakes that haven't left anywhere near this level of snow cover. The conditions are clearly perfect for it to have such an impact.

• Like 2