The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

5 minutes ago, high ground birmingham said:

From what I can see, a lovely covering of about an inch here in Harborne. 

Sunday/Monday is looking good for around here. The situation reminds me of 8-9 Feb 2007. That was an amazing event in an otherwise horrid winter. Anybody remember the event?

Yes, was probably the best snow event I can remember. Think we got around 8inches here 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some pics of my home in Shropshire - it's throwing it down again now.  I'd say we have has about 8 inches but its at least a foot deep on my lawn ans surrounding fields.

17cm of level snow. That's more than Dec 2010 or Dec 1995 managed. It's certainly the most round here since Feb 1991, possibly 1987. 4 years without any significant snow ends like this.!

this mornings drive out or a small bit of it.  

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, high ground birmingham said:

From what I can see, a lovely covering of about an inch here in Harborne. 

Sunday/Monday is looking good for around here. The situation reminds me of 8-9 Feb 2007. That was an amazing event in an otherwise horrid winter. Anybody remember the event?

Remember it well. Had to abandon my car near the Plough and Harrow and walk home with everyone else in the city.

Morning all!

Been snowing steadily for an hour after a slight fall about 4:00.

Now stopped again, so of the showery type.

Current temperature is 0.5C, Dew Point -1.0C.

Lets find the radar up to the Irish Sea.

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 2

Woken to a good coup of inches and  lovely near-blizzard of huge snowflakes! By chance we both have the day off and have to go out to run errands this afternoon so I hope to be out in similar conditions! Well, I will be, because as soon s I've wrapped up properly, I'm out in it v shortly! :D

• Like 1

Had an inch or so in Telford TF3 and work in Shrewsbury. My lift decided the M54 would be too slow to take so went via Buildwas. Got to Buildwas and everyone is turning around as the road is too slippy. We tried, we slid, we gave up. Then we decided to go via Broseley, there's a slight hill so again no go, everyone's turning around. We're now heading back towards the M54 45 minutes after we should have done that in the first place. Roads that we passed half hour ago which looked reasonable are now white and lethal. The snow is coming down heavy.

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, tom_f123 said:

Yes, was probably the best snow event I can remember. Think we got around 8inches here 

March 2013 was better in snow depth....around 12 inches in Black Country area when it we had several ice days.  Feb 2007 came on the Friday evening and was gone by the sat morning.....it this was the same event.

Left Upper Gornal this morning at 7 and was a small covering, working in Tamworth and no snow here at all.....

23 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

Proper big flakes, this is the most snow since 2013 for sure. Town can't be missing this!

We aren't, a real good covering now with big flakes (just eased off a little) but as long as temps don't go up too much we look under a streamer for hours yet. 

Evidence of how it was this morning was children of 6 and 8 said "best day ever!"

• Like 1