Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
DiagonalRedLine

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

WTH! Just laid down to go to sleep and there was a big clap of thunder! Not seen thundersnow since 2004 :shok:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, andy_leics22 said:

WTH! Just laid down to go to sleep and there was a big clap of thunder! Not seen thundersnow since 2004 :shok:

Sure ? Nothing on the lightning indicator on the radar.. heard nothing here either :p

There is a very loud jet going over though.

Edited by kmanmx

Just now, kmanmx said:

Sure ? Nothing on the lightning indicator on the radar.. heard nothing here either :p

There is a very loud jet going over though.

Trust me, I promise you that was thunder. It lasted around 5-10 seconds and was an unmistakable roll of thunder. I just looked outside and it's absolutely chucking it down. I'll be surprised if there isn't a lightning strike detected around here from around 4-5 mins ago.

1 minute ago, andy_leics22 said:

Trust me, I promise you that was thunder. It lasted around 5-10 seconds and was an unmistakable roll of thunder. I just looked outside and it's absolutely chucking it down. I'll be surprised if there isn't a lightning strike detected around here from around 4-5 mins ago.

thundersnow, radar is showing 2 strikes near your area.

Coming down fairly heavy but still not settling here. Think I'll see how things look in the morning as I suppose there's time yet for that to change.

3 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

I'll let you off, it's appeared now. Epic !!

D7cEWpn.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ali2017 said:

thundersnow, radar is showing 2 strikes near your area.

I knew it! Holy moly. Bloody woke me up :laugh: confirmed on the Netweather radar

Screenshot_20171227-020843.png

2 minutes ago, kmanmx said:

I'll let you off, it's appeared now. Epic !!

D7cEWpn.png

Haha! In the words of Jim Royle... Loud jet my a*se :rofl:

How's it looking in Leicester? Radar suggests the heaviest PPN is slap bang over you now

25 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

It was near to lutterworth i was on the a5 at the time was two strikes first one i thought nah cant be then second was far brighter and closer. The a5 in parts is terrible atm. Here in burbage theres alot less than between crick and lutterworth with what has settled being very wet snow. 

• Like 1

Moderate snow here a good covering down now. Radar looks good still for later. Great to see some Thunder snow in the Midlands. :drunk-emoji:

Wet snow here in Brackley Northamptonshire not setterling.

snow starting to  settle here again after early covering was washed away  Wind as all so picked up now and it’s gone cold done earlier on 

No covering in Stoke, just rain. Surprised actually, altitude always is good for us and the radar was showing snow but it isn't!

Just woke here pretty good covering although not as good (bad) deep as 2 weeks ago

We have around 5 cm of snow here on the Malvern Hills this morning. :) :cold:

Slightly disappointed after going to bed with it snowing heavily to have woken up to find its turned to rain/sleet and some has clearly melted leaving at most an inch on coldest surfaces 

Very localised really, whole journey from Stoke to Birmingham and the only sign of snow begins around J1 of the M5. As you head past J2-J3 where it climbs a little, there is several inches. 

Looking out the window this morning To about 2-3 cm. it does look a bit slushy tho and temperature up to 1c. Snow on the ground twice in three weeks is good for round here so happy days 🌨🌨

• Like 1

No snow at all this morning. There has been some rain overnight but no snow. Attention for me now turns to Thurs night into Fri for the risk of snow to higher ground. Buxton is a 30-40 min drive from me and normally does well in marginal situations (providing there is precipitation).

This is the scene on the A14 from M6 towards Northampton. Nothing has moved Westbound bar one vehicle. Seems to have had a good dumping there.

image.thumb.png.56d7d2e098ec08c3f327450cd9ae0788.png

I’m near Daventry and reckon we have about 5cms here, so a decent amount but nothing like the Dec 10th event.