Snow?

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Merry Xmas, To all on the South East thread. Didn't think I'd still be here, being able to celebrate Christmas, after suffering a brain haemorrhage/stroke, in September 2015. But fortunately, due

Snowline has moved back across the water now so north kent / Surrey etc back in the fray - great wrap around as well heavy snow here in Eltham -1cm , wifey just text 0.2c in NAG with heavy snow a

It is not showing 20cm for Reading whatsoever! I see he's a Reading student, I think he's trying to convince himself...

Posted Images

10 hours ago, yamkin said:

Wind gusts will increase during the night and start peaking around 40-50 mph from midnight to 07:00 hrs +/-

That was accurate, we had quite a strong storm here from about 5am till half an hour ago, things were making a noise blowing about in the street.

Northern Home Counties coming into the Sunday snow zone zone as the overnight runs tend to slide the fronts se more than pushing through 

I imagine this thread will become busier over the next 48 hours and hopefully with some pictorial contributions although that remains a very tricky call  

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

Northern Home Counties coming into the Sunday snow zone zone as the overnight runs tend to slide the fronts se more than pushing through 

I imagine this thread will become busier over the next 48 hours and hopefully with some pictorial contributions although that remains a very tricky call  

Not looking good for my drive up to Banbury on Sunday, my area looks wet but up there looks like getting a right dumping!

25 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

Hoping for some in the no-snow zone of Huntingdon but I am not getting my hopes up!

16 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

I’m feeling quite optimistic for Sunday, honestly believe it will shift south as we get closer 

Am I seeing things? :D

Our East Anglia friends look to see some significant snowfall.. ARPEGE has shifted the slider low center ~150 miles S from the 12z it will not take a big shift S for south of the M4 to come into this. 

A2EACF92-98D7-456B-9B03-D0E63D531C0F.thumb.jpeg.f485fb64a00b26df052fe753b3493518.jpegDD988A86-C732-4595-BBF6-D0D0F4055103.thumb.jpeg.ae420d9c8ffe25a24ff29cbbc1058bd8.jpeg

It is another overcast murky day.  It is getting windy in South Ockendon with winds 13.4 mph with gusts of 17.7 mph.  The temperature is warmer than yesterday at 11.0 °C  and the humidity is at 91% . Dew point is high at 9.6 °C .

29 minutes ago, Uxbridge90 said:

Pretty grim out there today, be interesting to see how quickly the temps drop this afternoon/evening, currently a toasty 11 degrees!

Not looking particularly great for us in terms of snow and it looks like Sunday will be a complete wash out.

Yep, not surprised. Oh well, next time lol. Some of us may see a snow shower tomorrow or Saturday, if we're lucky. Otherwise, it'll be nice to see the sun again.

Absolutely vile morning here, heavy, drenching drizzly rain and gusty winds.

Edited by stainesbloke

Just went in the mad thread, ecm ukmo trending south but not far enough for anyone south of m4 yet. Gfs 6z going for further north but was also south in 12z. No one will know till t12 where the low will slide, and t0 for snow line.

Morning all

Still a lot of detail to be sorted on this Sunday, i did expect the models to be a bit closer this morning, but it seems they have crossed paths and now heading in opposite directions, this isn't a fail yet, but it will always be tight, if the models still don't agree at 24 this will turn into a really good nowcast.

• Like 1

Seems to be moving a bit away from us for Sunday/Monday from what I can gather.

I must admit GP and Tamara’s recent posts intrigue me more, hinting of more of a NE/E influence towards the end of the month or early January.

A re-run of Jan 10 would be more than acceptable thank you! I can’t imagine anyone in this region missed out then.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Chris101 said:

Morning all

Still a lot of detail to be sorted on this Sunday, i did expect the models to be a bit closer this morning, but it seems they have crossed paths and now heading in opposite directions, this isn't a fail yet, but it will always be tight, if the models still don't agree at 24 this will turn into a really good nowcast.

In a way, it does make it all that more exciting if it's down to now-casting. 

Must be an absolute nightmare for the METO, which you can see in their uncertainty, 

• Like 2