Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
36 minutes ago, shotski said:

Let’s hope so, at least that’s what the forecast says ?

Well i have bought enough veg for being snowed in for a month, i'm looking forward to making lots of delicious soups and stews, i love that about winter, also bought more hot chocolate, that's me sorted for a freezing january.:cold:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Be good if it snowed during the christmas  hols, could you imagine how many post there would be in here. Instead we will have to make do with three  posts a week:nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Really starting to feel chilly this evening. Back to cloudy skies today here. No wet drizzle though.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Be good if it snowed during the christmas  hols, could you imagine how many post there would be in here. Instead we will have to make do with three  posts a week:nonono:

aww lassie, you're reduced to making three posts a week?:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
6 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

aww lassie, you're reduced to making three posts a week?:D

no lol i'm all good

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
3 hours ago, lassie23 said:

got the garden ready for the January blizzards and chopped plenty of fire wood from the forest, going to be a cold one.:cold::cold-emoji:

Hardly LOL!

Posted
14 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Really starting to feel chilly this evening. Back to cloudy skies today here. No wet drizzle though.

Felt chilly today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Snow,this side of the dreaded m4 corridor,im ill,its a mirage,im hallucinating

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Morning all! Happy Christmas Eve! Well for the 3rd year in a row Christmas Eve morning temps are already at 10.3c here looking at possible 12c mid afternoon.

This weather pattern is the exact as 2016

My max temp Christmas Eve 2016 was 11.3c

Christmas day 2016 was 13.8c 2015 was 11.2c 2014 was 11.3c 

So tomorrow double figures yet again, with poss 11c early Christmas Day slowly dropping off later on!

Just  as last year Christmas week turning cold before milder air greets us for new year again! The days of Dec 2010 may well be once in a life time event!

Jan Feb 2018 thoughts, spring like no doubt lol 

• Like 1

Posted

Finally seeing the sun after days of drudge and light drizzle making everything damp, nice light breeze too which is drying the ground out. 

Merry Christmas to everyone, hope you all have a lovely day, whatever you may be doing x 

• Like 4

Posted
31 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Finally seeing the sun after days of drudge and light drizzle making everything damp, nice light breeze too which is drying the ground out. 

Merry Christmas to everyone, hope you all have a lovely day, whatever you may be doing x 

Merry Christmas.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Grey dreary skies here,been like it for a few days now,merry christmas all,hope we all get our snow fix presents

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Grey dreary skies here,been like it for a few days now,merry christmas all,hope we all get our snow fix presents

Merry Christmas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Merry Christmas Eve! Bit of a boring day weather-wise here with grey skies but there isn’t too much wind and it’s dry, so not all bad. Currently 10C. Have a great day :) :cold-emoji::drunk-emoji::reindeer-emoji::santa-emoji:

• Like 3

Posted
18 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Merry Christmas Eve! Bit of a boring day weather-wise here with grey skies but there isn’t too much wind and it’s dry, so not all bad. Currently 10C. Have a great day :) :cold-emoji::drunk-emoji::reindeer-emoji::santa-emoji:

Merry Christmas.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A real lack of sunshine for a good few days now, tomorrow looks no different but at least we should see some brightness on Boxing day for a while.

The chance of something wintry inland on the 27th, but it looks even more marginal than the last snow event so I suspect only high ground will see anything meaningful but this could surprise us.

• Like 2

Posted

Been a foul Christmas Eve very low light levels, feels pretty warm just been out it’s not felt like Christmas to me maybe that’s what happens when you get older. :D 

Some snow on the ground would have been wonderful but better chance on EuroMillions lol a bit of snow for our region seems very likely in the coming Christmas week, so that’s nice. :) 

• Like 3

Posted

Very warm over this way when i went out earlier. Is it bad that i prepared a nice meal for tomorrow but then obviously i had to taste quite a bit of it just now, just in case it had somehow got poison in it, or something?:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Happy Xmas to all of you wonderful people. Love this thread on a daily basis, even more so when we have something a little bit more exciting than the 'normal'. Stay safe, have fun, keep posting and hope for some epic weather days between now, the New Year and throughout 2018. :drunk-emoji::reindeer-emoji::santa-emoji:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1