SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Merry Xmas, To all on the South East thread. Didn't think I'd still be here, being able to celebrate Christmas, after suffering a brain haemorrhage/stroke, in September 2015. But fortunately, due

Snowline has moved back across the water now so north kent / Surrey etc back in the fray - great wrap around as well heavy snow here in Eltham -1cm , wifey just text 0.2c in NAG with heavy snow a

I’ve just seen this on my Facebook newsfeed - made me chuckle!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TN9 said:

When it sets its self up proper.. If ever now :( you never had to get your self high lol.. Well you could if you wanted.. But as this pic shows even on low..  downward slopes of the downs at lenham Kent.. Bit of wind behind it and bosh...lets hope.... Bit of wind behind the 'old' powder snow  and there you have it. 

F0951.jpg

Is that pic from Jan 87?

Well I have no idea to be honest.... The other day it was snowing in Brighton with a dew point of 2 and a temp of 7, it just shows you anything can happen!!

image.png

3 hours ago, Staffordshire said:

Does anyone remember the snow event of Feb 2nd 2009. This is what first got me interested in the weather, but in the run up to that, i didn't actually look at charts etc so don't actually have a clue what happened.. I was wondering if anyone here knows the synoptic low down of what occurred, or can point me in the direction of a thread that will show me this. Many thanks.

yep! It was my mums birthday - and she hates snow :laugh:

I had no idea about what happened chartwise either, just remember having the day off school!

Well the ppn is just about to hit our region, could well be some snowy stuff in the heavier bursts and possibly on the back edge. Unfortunately my temp has gone up by 0.2ºc and the dewpoint is 2.4ºc, so little chance for me at the moment. 

Looking at the latest radar, it looks like sleety rain south of roughly Milton Keynes, and a large mix of rain and sleet further north, with snow in the heavier bursts and back edge snow.

IMG_0596.PNG

Edited by fatyido
4 minutes ago, Ali2017 said:

I wonder when the south east would actually get any kind of decent snowfall, maybe in 5 years. Hasn't snowed here properly in over 4 years.

You’ve obviously been unlucky ?

had 4inches here over the weekend so the SE certainly got some recent snow. Hopefully your time will come in the new year.