SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Merry Xmas, To all on the South East thread. Didn't think I'd still be here, being able to celebrate Christmas, after suffering a brain haemorrhage/stroke, in September 2015. But fortunately, due

Snowline has moved back across the water now so north kent / Surrey etc back in the fray - great wrap around as well heavy snow here in Eltham -1cm , wifey just text 0.2c in NAG with heavy snow a

I’ve just seen this on my Facebook newsfeed - made me chuckle!

Posted Images

Started as all rain now sleet but the sleet is turning more snowy all the time. Actually as I typed it was just snow for a little bit. Very windy. Is there such a thing as a sleet blizzrd. Certainly stings the eyes and face when walking into wind and can't see well at all.

Just now, Steve Murr said:

Had a heavier burst just a minute ago

0.5cn of slush

temp down 0.4c

Top of Wrotham Hill just now on my way to work had a slushy covering. Was interesting to see the difference from sleety rain at sea level by my place going up through meopham 

Just now, lawrenk said:

Apparently 1 to 2 cms settled on the grass in Bexhill On Sea. Love to know how that’s happened as that’s right on the south east coast.

Sustained precipitation of a heavy intensity that’s what. 

19 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Think some accumulated snow in the Surrey hills can't be ruled out 

Yes however as a general thumb across the piste just non settling snow

200M is the main snow line unless your very lucky to hold the very best PPN then maybe 100M

6 minutes ago, Angel Wings said:

Your on a weather site Kent blizzard not a dating site ?

....I'll put the tape measure away :diablo: Although looking outside I'd have a depth of 0cm :rofl:

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Sustained precipitation of a heavy intensity that’s what. 

Yeah, that must be it, we’re about 10 miles west, a bit further inland and just getting light to moderate stuff.

I've made it into East Grinstead after my car wouldn't start earlier, Conditions are snow - light currently after heavier bursts, sticking on most surfaces and the side roads are becoming covered. Must be about 1cm laying on grass

• Like 1

Anyone else have a love/hate relationship with snow ? I love the waiting and when it does come watching it fall then finally being able to go out in it a listen to that lovely sound of it crunching under foot , and looking at nature and how the landscape changes so much , rhenthe hate side , the apprehension you get whilst waiting for that first snow flake , then the watching to see if it’s settling , then the shall I go out yet or see if we get anymore before I do , looking out the window and watching a dog/cat, child trample on your lovely white crisp perfect snow laden front garden , then theirs the house work well that goes out the window cos all I’m doing is watching and waiting by the window , and so the housework gets left behind.

oh well , bring it on ???

Snowing quite heavily here in Shenfield. DP 0 and the temp has gone from 2.9c to 1.4, so falling away quite nicely. It did rain pretty hard earlier an we have quite a lot of lying snow still. Going to be horrific if(when) it freezes I think. Toddler isn’t feeling well so I’m at home with him and we are under blankets watching Xmas movies. Stay safe and warm everyone!

46 minutes ago, WeatherMoose said:

its barely snow. as soon as it hits a surface it looks like rain

Just got in the lorry for a call out I hat road, Brentwood, come up warley hill, and snow is covered everywhere from yesterday everything snowy no thaw hear and snowing heavy here with back roads becoming slightly covered again and also on previous laying snow, think were in for a surprise this after noon also -0.5c now also

Edited by Justin Miller