SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

2 hours ago, Matty J said:

Just woke up to check and we have...........RAIN :angry:

Sod it back to bed!

Just woke up again and to my suprise the rain has turned to moderate snow! Starting to settle even on the soaking wet ground.

Long may it continue.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Merry Xmas, To all on the South East thread. Didn't think I'd still be here, being able to celebrate Christmas, after suffering a brain haemorrhage/stroke, in September 2015. But fortunately, due

Snowline has moved back across the water now so north kent / Surrey etc back in the fray - great wrap around as well heavy snow here in Eltham -1cm , wifey just text 0.2c in NAG with heavy snow a

I’ve just seen this on my Facebook newsfeed - made me chuckle!

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Angel Wings said:

who else feels like a big kid , keep running up to the window and checking it’s still snowing , or opening that door just to get that feeling of coldness and snow on the face , well I most certainly do ⛄️❄️?

LOL @Angel Wings i am doing exactly that! Just went to wake up my daughter to see, just in fase it turned to rain ?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Very sleety in Leigh On Sea

Just some slushy mess on the grass at the moment, nothing to get excited about, and hopefully can drive further afield today to find some proper sledging snow - Woohoo

Head towards Danbury mate, it's lashing it down here

• Thanks 1

Been snowing for nearly two hours here in Godmanchester Cambs, now it’s throwing it down nicely in a stiff wind. With it being a Sunday couldn’t be a more perfect day!

F8F91D81-D4F6-4780-BF23-536835CEB3D5.jpeg

Edited by 80sWeather

0C here and snowing heavily. My MetO app showing heavy snow until this afternoon then light until 10pm. We shall see but not looking forward to the long drive I have to do later. Got winter tyres (legacy of living in Scotland) but not many others have around here. 

396EA5B4-3FC9-4757-A87F-FDE142E13464.jpeg

good few hours to come looking at the radar before it pivots and heads back south again.. some high res I have looked ar brings some heavy PPN back south over London... Interesting day ahead :) Im a very happy and surprised boyo

HILIRAM going right out to 5pm falling snow for most

overview_010.jpg?2017121000 overview_011.jpg?2017121000overview_012.jpg?2017121000overview_013.jpg?2017121000overview_014.jpg?2017121000overview_017.jpg?2017121000

EURO4 less intense but out to 6pm

Precipitation EURO4 Su 10.12.2017 12 GMTPrecipitation EURO4 Su 10.12.2017 15 GMTPrecipitation EURO4 Su 10.12.2017 18 GMT

MET OFFICE updated warning snow warning moved south to cover Berkshire, Surrey and into London 

Wet snow here in Raynes Park - starting to settle on usual surfaces.

Temperature has fallen from 2.9C at 06:00 to 1.1C at 08:00.  If only it was 1C colder!

Edited by mulzy
1 minute ago, mark_otbc said:

Lucky! Absolutely nothing bar rain in Norwich :(

Hopefully it turns at some point for you, Norfolk deserves a good snowfall! I'm not expecting the dusting to last more then half hour, the snow should turn to rain here soon too so you're not missing out on much