Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

2 minutes ago, Great Plum said:

By the way, does anyone know why I can no longer see people’s locations on here when I’m on the mobile?

Funny - same thought!

2 minutes ago, BarnetBlizzard said:

Snowed here initially in north London with it settling everywhere. Now turned to rain and was turning everything to slush 

Yes my sister lives whetstone, North London.

Text from her, heavy snow earlier now turning to wet snow/sleet. 

it's actually almost sleeting here. I can only tell from years of experience looking at angled velux window where I can see the "splat effect". 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Snow Obsession said:

I used to be able to see people's locations on my mobile/tablet - can you only see locations on a pc now? Or am I missing something?

Can see locations on my iPad. 

12 minutes ago, topbanana2011 said:

Great to here - I am down the road in slough. Fingers crossed. nothing settling here yet

@topbanana2011 small world! Just shows how finer line the North / South snow line is. Fingers crossed you get some of the good stuff soon. It could be a Sleet / Snow / Rain day.....temperature has dropped since 3.30 am which is a positive sign! ☺

Edited by Snoopie42
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Just drive to nearest town, very flooded roads, but snow is coming down for sure and hitting windscreen more so than rain now 

Just rain/sleety mix here in Addlestone 

15 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

You’re nearby likewise just a little up the river should definitely turn between 0700-0800. 

pointrosee.png

Hopefully so. You can see that the home counties have hit the jackpot in terms of closest to the thermal boundary without spilling just over the 0c mark. Markedly higher dew points south of the M25 - hopefully we see these start to creep down again in the next couple of hours

Edited by snowking

Well my phone weather app is saying snow now , it’s very hard to see if it is tho as the council have replaced our lovely orange lights with the new white led ones 

67074948-5747-4265-88EE-1F0D6A32D68F.jpeg

I’m not optimistic for this morning...

16D12918-7CE9-4A51-9B12-7D8DBA6A90FB.png

Some back edge snow this afternoon?

DAF3EB65-0AAB-4C33-B86B-871EABE6F74E.png

Edited by Great Plum

3 minutes ago, Jezzer said:

Just rain/sleety mix here in Addlestone 

Check again, Deffo flakes lol 

It was always forecast to start off being very marginal however I wouldn't give up hope yet. 

As you can see on https://www.ventusky.com/?p=52.9;-1.2;5&l=freezing the freezing level is around 400m in north London at the moment but is expected to drop to 100m/0 in the next hour or so as the winds wrap round to a more northerly direction. 

• Like 1

Waking up to heavy snow in St Neots, first proper snow in so many years finally. Glad I moved!!

4 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Check again, Deffo flakes lol 

I’ll leave the kids watching telly and will check outside 👍🏼

Well I can confirm it is snowing here in Chelmsford again , snowed from about 4am turned to rain about 5 o’clock and is now turning back to snow ⛄️ 

• Like 2