Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

3 minutes ago, rodthrutheblock said:

Wow that’s some wind. Can’t see it on any forecasts or nowcasts. Saffron Walden area.

It's forecast to be gusty as the front moves through/away

• Like 1

Yh some serious wind gusts here in SE Essex as well.

We often get these types of winds with dry weather behind LP Systems that crash SE in The Plains of Tornado Alley in the Spring, sometimes sounds like the hotels are going to be ripped apart and keep you up all night.

Some really interesting weather we have had over the last 7 days at least before the High Boredom sets in

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Yh some serious wind gusts here in SE Essex as well.

We often get these types of winds with dry weather behind LP Systems that crash SE in The Plains of Tornado Alley in the Spring, sometimes sounds like the hotels are going to be ripped apart and keep you up all night.

Some really interesting weather we have had over the last 7 days at least before the High Boredom sets in

hopefully the boredom will not last much beyond christmas

Been out for a smoke...sleety mix with the odd snow flake in Ringsfield. Forecast pretty spot on so far. Have to say doesn't feel cold at all though.

More light wet snow than sleet now. Questioning my own sanity...not sure why I even care on soggy wet ground but I guess I can't help myself! :drunk-emoji:

Settling now...not for long I am sure. Go triangle of doom!!!! Lets have it large whilst it lasts! :rofl:

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, SuffolkDan said:

Lowestoft Tiler how is it looking? You happy?

It's very picturesque but roads will be lethal first thing :wallbash:

IMG_0189.MOV

Edited by Lowestoft Tiler
  • Like 2

Wow congtats (if you like?), lovely snow here settled but clearly will melt soon...danced in it as it fell like a nutter as a true coldie would do. All the best to you :D

9 hours ago, Lowestoft Tiler said:

It's very picturesque but roads will be lethal first thing :wallbash:

IMG_0189.MOV

Very nice bonus. Great security light as well. Perfect for snow watch 👍🏻❄️

Edited by Southender

Quite a nice day here with plenty of sunshine and passing clouds. Feeling chilly at 6C. 

Most of the snow has now melted in Dunstable but the surrounding hills still have some which might survive for few days 

20171214_125410.jpg

20171214_125535.jpg

20171214_130636.jpg

• Like 1

Quite a nice upgrade in the long range MO Forecast today for early Jan. Something good brewing perhaps?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes and gfs has been showing this theme consistently in fl.

I never take much notice of fl unless it shows the same trend in each run,which it has been doing .

Hopefully if it does occurs it will be from the East ,as Northerlies are pretty useless if you live South of the M4 in the SE:unsure2:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Quite a nice upgrade in the long range MO Forecast today for early Jan. Something good brewing perhaps?

MOGREPS might be picking up a SSW / pronounced cold signal. Something is definitely brewing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1