Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

So temps on the rise during late afternoon in Norwich, what little white mush soon melted and then it all stopped. Ok so 2c+ isn't BBQ weather but I fear any ppn will be just rain now. However if temps do drop overnight it's going to be slippy out there.

1 hour ago, Bricriu said:

Why? So you think the precipitation will be too far to the south. This time we must hope it comes a bit further north.

No I just think it will cover the tops of hills.

Currently have 5 inches of snow on the ground here near Chelmsford, would that help improve chances of snow tomorrow?

1 hour ago, PerfectStorm said:

How on earth has farnham got heavy snow but here in North Herts it's sleet? :p 

I was wondering the same thing! I’m near Hook, raining again now!  

Don't worry any fellow snowless rain drenched souls along the south coast and wherever you may be, it's only the weather...

We aren't jealous at all, not even a little bit... ok maybe a little bit.

I'm more worried about the further outlook in the models at the moment, looking poor in the medium term tbh!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dbarb said:

Currently have 5 inches of snow on the ground here near Chelmsford, would that help improve chances of snow tomorrow?

well if it doesn't melt, you'll have 5 inches of snow tomorrow....

• Like 1

Not a bad day of snow, must have a couple inches now, going to be absolutely lethal on the pavements tomorrow if it freezes over tonight. Meto and BBC still saying some heavy snow is due between 6-8 pm but can't quite see where it'll be coming from on the radar. 

12 minutes ago, Uxbridge90 said:

Not a bad day of snow, must have a couple inches now, going to be absolutely lethal on the pavements tomorrow if it freezes over tonight. Meto and BBC still saying some heavy snow is due between 6-8 pm but can't quite see where it'll be coming from on the radar. 

Roads and pavements already are ...

Having a look at the models tomorrow, they don't scream massive snow risk to me with many of them showing mostly rain to lower levels and snow above 100m, perhaps giving small accumulations here and there.

Certainly a lower risk than today, I'd have said.

1 minute ago, Uxbridge90 said:

Haven't ventured too far so wasn't aware how bad it was!

They don’t have the funds to grit little roads 😂

A few snowflakes started falling again here , showing up nicely next to the lampost.

Edited by Mark wheeler

Amazing day in Holmer Green mr Amersham! Loads of fun building igloos, snowmen and sledging!!! Kids schools closed tomorrow, working from home - now that’s a cracking start to winter!!!

• Like 1

Pleasantly surprised at how long the cover has lasted. In these scenarios it's all gone by mid day!

Edited by SN0WM4N

Cracking day in Chingford. It snowed non stop from about 7am till about 3.30pm. 

About 3 inches of crisp snow cover outside.

• Like 1

Been snowing nearly all day here since 5am. 

Still snowing lightly now and the temperature has dropped. 

Have one child off tomorrow due to the school being closed. The other child waits in hope for a snow day too lol 

20171210_095739.jpg

• Like 2

Will the snow make it to me,just a few flakes in the light will cheer me up

• Like 1

Bubs' school is closed tomorrow, one happy lil one.:yahoo:

• Like 1

For a while there this afternoon where I thought we'd get a decent covering, but no such luck. Oh well, at least it was festive to see snow falling outside with the Christmas tree by the window, and we did have a dusting for a time (starting to melt now though) How are things shaping up for tomorrow for our patch - any chance of a bit of the white stuff or is it mostly looking wet and boring? :D

Edited by Ben Blizzard
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, steveinsussex said:

Lovely mild day here with lots of rain

Right now it doesnt feel cold at all

It does feel cold here now. That wind was nuts here. Woke me up in the night and then dodn't let up untill low was north sea.