Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

A dusting on the pavements, grass and cars here in Epping, everything has turned white.

Still coming down reasonably hard but the flakes are tiny - would be hard to see if not in front of a light. 

Raining here in Pollard's Hill, Surrey for the past hour or so.

Current Conditions: Rain

Current Temp: 2.1°C

Current Barometer Reading: 990mb (Falling)

Humidity: 36%

Settling snow here . I'm in Brackley tonight Northamptonshire . 😊 Great 4.30am lamp post watching . Gf has annoying Lampost outside window. 

1512880470156-687421642.jpg

Edited by stewfox
  • Like 1

Raining hard here main thing is the wind. Going completely bonkers.

6 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Raining hard here main thing is the wind. Going completely bonkers.

Strong onshore wind lifting the temperatures for southern coastal counties. Interestingly I’m in the wind warning and snow warning so I could see blizzard like conditions! Still sleet here..

BBF0EAEF-19E1-48DF-A2C7-91260434A51D.thumb.jpeg.2345081eaa5220aa028c4ea6a8726700.jpeg

Night again see you later. Didn't expect to be woken by wind lol. Thought that was coming later on. Has the system come in a bit faster than thought?

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Morning all (woken up by the cat!) the radar says we are just the wrong side of the sleet/snow line (by a few miles if that) but as I look out I can just see snow on the ground and snow falling out the sky! 

Plenty of precip to come hoping for it to turn soon here some bright echoes in Guernsey can understand why they expect disruptive snow remember folks if heavier enough it will settle on sodden surfaces. :) 

5E195332-ABDD-43F1-8FA3-ACFEFC24EBEF.thumb.png.52b7ef7230cffeedb4a02330976af424.png

Edited by Daniel*

Just now, saint said:

Morning all (woken up by the cat!) the radar says we are just the wrong side of the sleet/snow line (by a few miles if that) but as I look out I can just see snow on the ground and snow falling out the sky! 

So it's still snow there? It's coming down hard here!

Just now, mishy said:

So it's still snow there? It's coming down hard here!

It looks as if it is. The radar has had us as under sleet since its arrived, but it's just snow falling. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Night again see you later. Didn't expect to be woken by wind lol. Thought that was coming later on. Has the system come in a bit faster than thought?

I don’t believe so. Impressive to look at.

8C8BF3E6-7C60-47A6-A002-F501BF051205.thumb.jpeg.7976db70b1360d23bb3cea3734aaf019.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Mustang said:

Snowing in Chelmsford.

I am in Chelmsford - looks more like sleet to me.

Rain here plus a bit of snow. Can't see too clearly as Essex County Council can't be bothered to repair their street lights. Can hear patter of drops. 

Looks like sleet in chelmsford. Doesn't look great for coastal areas 

image.png

1 minute ago, sgrech said:

I am in Chelmsford - looks more like sleet to me.

I’m galleywood and the snow has definitely turned to sleet , let’s hope it turns back in the next hour , temp still the same as when it was snowing 

2 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Are you sure? Only 1.7c here..

with a temp of 3.6c it was only going to be one thing, rain unfortunately here, those models over cook the snow potential for north london

1 minute ago, summerplume18 said:

Has the low pressure come in further north or south than forecast?

I would say pretty spot on to be honest.

• Like 1

Don't have my hopes up for any snow here, should be around 8am by the time anything gets here and with being by the sea i think we're out of the game. Oh well, maybe a trip on the bus further inland may be fun this afternoon.