Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

There is a band of bad weather coming in from the west. It’s already raining here on the south coast. Due to rain all night and quite a lot of tomorrow 

14 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

oh, can you tell us more, all seems calm outside now.

4AC4C369-CBA6-424C-88EB-026AD2B02367.png

848DB7B6-DBCA-41FD-8E82-AC1140951F14.png

Posted
3 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

There is a band of bad weather coming in from the west. It’s already raining here on the south coast. Due to rain all night and quite a lot of tomorrow 

4AC4C369-CBA6-424C-88EB-026AD2B02367.png

848DB7B6-DBCA-41FD-8E82-AC1140951F14.png

ah right, thanks for that, probably hit us around the early hours then.

Posted
1 minute ago, DonnaThw said:

What a horrible outlook. Bored of the rain now.:wallbash::nonono:2B2C3DE9-F3F3-44E3-B576-201E243E1AEE.thumb.png.6ca41dc0dfd9fdcefd30b243fc57002d.png

imagine if it was a bit colder, how much snow.guess this might impact on parties and fireworks tomorrow night.I'm quite glad i am not going out then.

Posted
5 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

ah right, thanks for that, probably hit us around the early hours then.

Where about a are you?? It’s due to be here all night so I imagine you might get the same depressing situation. Our rivers are just about fit to burst, fieldsls are all water logged. I have four young ones so we’re in and by the looks of the weather that’s on the way that might not be so bad.

Edited by DonnaThw

Posted
4 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Where about a are you?? It’s due to be here all night so I imagine you might get the same depressing situation. Our rivers are just about fit to burst, fieldsls are all water logged. I have four young ones so we’re in and by the looks of the weather that’s on the way that might not be so bad.

East coast, Great Yarmouth. Its been wet and windy here the last couple of days but nothing of note at the moment.Stay safe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!
29 minutes ago, tinybill said:

we  might  have to batten  down winds  of 80  mph  with very heavy  rain  could be  on  the  way

Nowhere near those wind strengths for our region though.  Probably high 30's gusts, maybe mid/high 40's on the coast.  There are 70mph gusts forecast for the central belt of Scotland but nothing like that for us.

Posted
11 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

All clear for Jenny. There’s been a lot of rain here not overly heavy though. 

F44E02F8-715E-4B6D-A266-5F2AC4B3B379.thumb.png.34833b60bc9d38129c70024143d2b571.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
30 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

What a horrible outlook. Bored of the rain now.:wallbash::nonono:2B2C3DE9-F3F3-44E3-B576-201E243E1AEE.thumb.png.6ca41dc0dfd9fdcefd30b243fc57002d.png

Bored of wind too, had winds in the 60s for a little bit almost every day here.

Posted
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
  • Weather Preferences: Snow November to March. Heat and sun late April to early October
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east

Lovely looking first Easterly/ Thames streamer type set up  this winter bringing us snow showers modelled by latest GFS let's hope it's not gone by the morning, and that the models build on it tomorrow

Screenshot_20171230-231442.png

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

Bored of wind too, had winds in the 60s for a little bit almost every day here.

We both live in very unforgiving areas, you especially.  I’ve just stuck my head out of the door to see what’s going on, only to get pelted in the face with rain. It’s quite windy out there now. I didn’t know it was that bad till then because we have brilliant double glazing. Couldn’t hear a thing. Fed up with it now. Same old everyday. 

Posted
18 minutes ago, John Michael How said:

Lovely looking first Easterly/ Thames streamer type set up  this winter bringing us snow showers modelled by latest GFS let's hope it's not gone by the morning, and that the models build on it tomorrow

Screenshot_20171230-231442.png

The uppers are one thing; the temps at ground level will most likely preclude anything white falling in this region.

John. Please could you add your location to your profile. Makes it much better for the rest of us to work out what's going one when you're reporting snow outside. Ta.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

More rain, wind and temp actually got milder in the night up to 14c. Nasty.:sorry:

Posted

Looks to be another gloomy rain fest today here, fields have become part of the river Blythe here for days on end, paths impassable without high wellies! Winds haven’t been too bad and it feels very muggy this morning. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A very grotty morning here, had some torrential rain and gusty winds but it has calmed down now and stopped raining. Feeling very mild and muggy at 12C. 

Posted

Rain and strong winds here still, don’t think it stopped all night. 10 degrees here. It’s very very windy here still, you can hear it through our double glazing which is very unusual and says a lot about how strong the wind actually is. It’s a shame a lot of New Year’s Eve parties might ruined this evening. 

5F9A9DDE-F0E1-4537-B505-AF903553EE8F.png

Edited by DonnaThw
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

I am currently near Winchester and have just had one of the most impressive squalls I have ever seen in the UK. Blew huge wheelie bin across garden! 

• Like 2