Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
Sign in to follow this  
mikeofmacc

Tour 4 2018

Recommended Posts

Hey guys,

My 4th chase next year and decided on Tour 4 from Denver. Just wondering if there is a Base Hotel in Denver, like in DFW?

Who else is on T4? Excited?

Mike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be worth thinking about Days Inn & Suites on Tower Rd, it has been used before. Failing that have a look for for Denver Airport hotels there are loads off Tower Rd of all shapes and prices..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/10/2017 at 13:27, mikeofmacc said:

Hey guys,

My 4th chase next year and decided on Tour 4 from Denver. Just wondering if there is a Base Hotel in Denver, like in DFW?

Who else is on T4? Excited?

Mike.

Mike!

 

you will have myself and Tom to deal with......oh and Paul might be around!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on T4 too this year and can't wait! 2nd time doing this. 

 

First time on T4 so I thought I'd fly out to Oklahoma the week before (perhaps on the Thurs) and take a road trip along part of Route 66, visit a few of the small towns in the Texas and Oklahoma panhandles and then head up to Denver. 

 

Need to get planning 😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you on Tour 4 in 2018 this is a very varied Tour with a much slower pace to storms and less crowds around, even in recent years we have sometimes had storms literally to ourselves. The main action areas are generally the High and Northern Plains hence why we start and end in Denver. Here are some pictures from 2014 to 2017. We also tend to do more Astrophotography on these tours as well being so far north.

IMG_1175.thumb.JPG.9afc6a106f5e7b743c476083e133ce47.JPG - Wessington Springs South Dakota Tornado crossing the Highway on 18th June 2014.

 

IMG_2297.thumb.JPG.aff2ab8228a8c662c55d1cf4e0bb34cc.JPG - Cone Tornado in NW South Dakota on 21st June 2015

 

10998389_10153406706886718_8266660071223688734_n.thumb.jpg.7d2fdfad8dfac9e0239939e818e48f05.jpg - Aurora and Milky Way near Sterling NE Colorado on 22nd June 2015

 

19247635_10154722794478785_1094622831212129361_n.thumb.jpg.7610a274a064de5d9bce2c3699c19a9c.jpg - Spectacular Lightning from a line of Supercells in Nebraska 18th June 2017

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Paul Sherman said:

For those of you on Tour 4 in 2018 this is a very varied Tour with a much slower pace to storms and less crowds around, even in recent years we have sometimes had storms literally to ourselves. The main action areas are generally the High and Northern Plains hence why we start and end in Denver. Here are some pictures from 2014 to 2017. We also tend to do more Astrophotography on these tours as well being so far north.

IMG_1175.thumb.JPG.9afc6a106f5e7b743c476083e133ce47.JPG - Wessington Springs South Dakota Tornado crossing the Highway on 18th June 2014.

 

IMG_2297.thumb.JPG.aff2ab8228a8c662c55d1cf4e0bb34cc.JPG - Cone Tornado in NW South Dakota on 21st June 2015

 

10998389_10153406706886718_8266660071223688734_n.thumb.jpg.7d2fdfad8dfac9e0239939e818e48f05.jpg - Aurora and Milky Way near Sterling NE Colorado on 22nd June 2015

 

19247635_10154722794478785_1094622831212129361_n.thumb.jpg.7610a274a064de5d9bce2c3699c19a9c.jpg - Spectacular Lightning from a line of Supercells in Nebraska 18th June 2017

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Looks average....... not! 

 

Can't wait! 

Edited by Jezza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2018 at 07:48, mikeofmacc said:

So, very excited for this!

You out this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2018 at 08:38, Crashlanding said:

You out this year?

You spoke to Mike on this very thread about seeing him on Tour 4, are you feeling alright Graham? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Nick L said:

You spoke to Mike on this very thread about seeing him on Tour 4, are you feeling alright Graham? :D

No, obviously not!!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol. Yep, tour 4, can't wait. Anyone else flying out of Heathrow the day before to Denver via BA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Days Inn on Tower Road is the best priced hotel for a night on Mon 11 June, at £82 for a room. Anyone else staying there that night?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats where most head to Mike, its right next to a nice diner as well as other eateries.

Guessing as its still 3 months away some replies might come in over the next few weeks on who is staying where etc

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2018 at 15:13, mikeofmacc said:

Looks like Days Inn on Tower Road is the best priced hotel for a night on Mon 11 June, at £82 for a room. Anyone else staying there that night?

Stayed there last year, lost of places to eat around the hotel and its next to every other hotel in the area!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Booked a room there, spare second queen bed if anyone wants to split a room for that night. Would be approx £41.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mikeofmacc said:

Booked a room there, spare second queen bed if anyone wants to split a room for that night. Would be approx £41.

Yeah, I'd be up for that if OK? I'll be getting in on Monday mid afternoon I expect once I drop the car off at the airport. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jezza said:

Yeah, I'd be up for that if OK? I'll be getting in on Monday mid afternoon I expect once I drop the car off at the airport. 

Works for me, will drop you a message over the weekend mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, So new to all this, will be my first tour, what do you guys recommend, coming the day before to relax before the tour, or same day, Looking at Norwegian direct flights which come into denver at 1235 and leave on 23rd at 1435pm

Any help appreciated for a newbie 

 

:D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi :) I've been four times and only once arrived a day early, but it was well worth it, I'd definitely recommend that if you don't mind the cost of the extra night.

I might yet be joining Tour 4, I need to sell some stuff and work some overtime but I'm hoping to take a space if I can. The draw of storm chasing is just too strong!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome I'll book the BA flights (though should of done it sooner 850 LOL)  - stress of house Buying and forgetting to book flights :( 

arrive in 11th June , fly out 23rd June. 

Is everyone who are flying out on 11th June staying at Days Inn on Tower Road ???? - be good to see some faces who will be on the chase too :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like your flights would be much cheaper if you arrived on the 12th. I'm seeing £541 return from Gatwick with Norwegian, but that doesn't seem to be available for the 11th :/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know i did check but prob worth the extra 300, just thinking staying the day before and i do tend to suffer with jet lag so spending a day before touring maybe the best choice tbh!

And not been flying for a while and hottest temperature i used to is 25 LOL 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2018 at 18:07, Newbie85 said:

I know i did check but prob worth the extra 300, just thinking staying the day before and i do tend to suffer with jet lag so spending a day before touring maybe the best choice tbh!

And not been flying for a while and hottest temperature i used to is 25 LOL 

Hi Newbie! Graham here!  You are lucky enough to have me as one of the team drivers for tour 4!

although its not compulsory, we always recommend coming in a day before the tour starts, this is mainly for 2 reasons:

1 reason and most important, if there is a risk on the first day of the chase/changeover day then we could be on for a bonus chase day, if we are all ready to go the day before we can saddle up the horses and gallop along the highways!

2 if there are any delays to flights, the extra days grace doesn't put any pressure on guests making sure that they do not hold up the tours! sounds horrendous putting it that way but its the easiest to explain!

the extra day does allow to meet up with fellow chasers on the tour and of course enjoy a beverage or two the night before!

 

as for hotels, Tower Road is literally a row of hotels! loads of them. the Days inn is the popular one with our tours and you will more than likely be with the rest of the team here! plus its closer to the bar!

let me know if your on Facebook we can also connect on there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Crashlanding said:

Hi Newbie! Graham here!  You are lucky enough to have me as one of the team drivers for tour 4!

although its not compulsory, we always recommend coming in a day before the tour starts, this is mainly for 2 reasons:

1 reason and most important, if there is a risk on the first day of the chase/changeover day then we could be on for a bonus chase day, if we are all ready to go the day before we can saddle up the horses and gallop along the highways!

2 if there are any delays to flights, the extra days grace doesn't put any pressure on guests making sure that they do not hold up the tours! sounds horrendous putting it that way but its the easiest to explain!

the extra day does allow to meet up with fellow chasers on the tour and of course enjoy a beverage or two the night before!

 

as for hotels, Tower Road is literally a row of hotels! loads of them. the Days inn is the popular one with our tours and you will more than likely be with the rest of the team here! plus its closer to the bar!

let me know if your on Facebook we can also connect on there!

Hi Graham - Have booked into The Days inn hotel for the night on the 11th of june, 

I am on facebook - who isnt! search for [email protected] should bring me up easily i hope! 

cant wait for this it be an experience and a half!  totally Excited

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×