• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

their armoured vehicles are being made ready-

I'm pretty sure the sky turning yellow is the met office trying out a new warning system after some backlash. 

Looking forward to my trip to #Ireland

Posted Images

All I can say is that Scottish, Welsh and Irish storms don't get the same coverage as do English storms...

In 1989, I watched tree after tree fall, during a Force-11+ storm-force 'gale', up in the NW Highlands...and despite it resembling those photos from Tunguska, it was hardly worth a word on the national News.

Agus, tha mi Sassenach!:shok:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Hope Crewe Cold is ok

Police asking people to avoid the area.

Also problems in the Nantwich area.

C.S

How strange...I didn't think Crewe would be affected much.

Not been that bad here in Belfast.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Richard David McCarthy said:

watching the BBC Weather now and it did not show a secondary low pressure to the west of me in the irish sea wonder if ben rich is using 12Z model guidances

That's because there isn't a secondary low pressure to the west of you, or anywhere nearby for that matter.

6 minutes ago, Richard David McCarthy said:

watching the BBC Weather now and it did not show a secondary low pressure to the west of me in the irish sea wonder if ben rich is using 12Z model guidances

Seems to be a broken buoy, false high.It's seems to be situated where the isobars are tightestcos they have to rapidly increase and then decrease the pressure over the buoy.

• Like 2
Just now, Cold Winter said:

That's because there isn't a secondary low pressure to the west of you, or anywhere nearby for that matter.

So I take there is a fault somewhere it could be buoy related just really puzzled but I will be watching obs closely because i can see the last data looks dodgy there should be a ridge just ahead of the trough because i know that the pressure is around 1003mb here 

7 minutes ago, Richard David McCarthy said:

So I take there is a fault somewhere it could be buoy related just really puzzled but I will be watching obs closely because i can see the last data looks dodgy there should be a ridge just ahead of the trough because i know that the pressure is around 1003mb here 

I just hope that this false data isn't being used to inform future forecast models, or to make decisions about navigation of aircraft etc.  Or, God forbid, decisions about evacuations of residents.  I suppose it goes to show that a human eye is still invaluable no matter how sophisticated computer data can seem.  

Edited by Wavey50
6 minutes ago, Richard David McCarthy said:

Buoy reading 1037 constantly

• Like 1

Good evening all from Cork ( or what's left of it) 

A violent day like living through a tornado that lasted several hours. Lots of damage here with power expected to be out for days where I live

Not much battery left so will update again tomorrow

• Like 5
  • Sad 4
1 minute ago, Makemeasnowman said:

I work in Crewe. Hope all is okay. I left at 5pm today and there was barely a breeze. I got off the train at Liverpool and there were several trees down. Still blowing quite strong on and off here In Liverpool.

Looking at the models, all I can think of is that SSW'ly winds have funnelled up the flat of the Cheshire plain...because there is nothing that stands out to me as overly severe.