Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

to any Netweather members who live or are stuck in Llanllechid, Gwynedd police say use Tan y Bwlch road as your alternative diversion this is due to a fallen power line near moel ogwen

Just now, tynevalleysnow said:

Starting to pick up here in Northumberland but I believe tomorrow is worse for us

Yes, the A1 north and south will be a nightmare

41 minutes ago, Nick L said:

With all the weird skies going on, completely missed how much the temperature has dropped this afternoon. Was about 21c at lunchtime, now about 15c. Back to the jeans I think...

I noticed that. I suddenly felt quite chilly but I put it down to being ill rather than the weather!

12 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Third person has died =( another falling tree on car. While us enthusiasts study learn and indeed take some excitement from this weather, we must spare a thought for the people caught up init. 

Stay safe all and ride it out now, hopefully most are on there way or home now for the evening lots of people leaving early in the effected areas. 

Indeed my girlfriend in Ireland it currently petrified, hiding under her duvet by all accounts she's worried about her windows blowing in which are apparently bending inwards and a lamp post has been blown over in her road.

Wind just suddenly picked up as well. I know it's nowhere near as bad as what's going on in Ireland and Western UK, but it's still something.

Edited by Jcweather

1 minute ago, Richard David McCarthy said:

to any Netweather members who live or are stuck in Llanllechid, Gwynedd police say use Tan y Bwlch road as your alternative diversion this is due to a fallen power line near moel ogwen

There is a regional Wales thread as well 

Northern Ireland is wild at the moment.

Thousands without power, and alot of trees down and roads blocked.

Public being advised about non-essential travel.  Coastal roads being closed soon.  

https://goo.gl/sC7PGj

ni.png

Just got home from work and the wind has picked up in Liverpool. Few trees down in the roads by mine in Aigburth. Not sure how bad it'll get, certainly didn't seem that bad for a tree to come down let alone several

Exceptionally windy now here on Isle of Man trees coming down all over the island. Highest gusts likely to be between 6pm and 8pm for us.

Edited by JBMWeatherForever

Winds picking up here. I saw a few small branches already got snapped off by the wind on the way home.

XC weather showing wind gust of 90 mph north wales 

19 minutes ago, Jo Farrow said:

Yes, the A1 north and south will be a nightmare

It's always a nightmare :D

21 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

I'm in Belfast and I have seen worse wind wise. Just a typical autumn/winter severe gale here IMO.

Agreed, nothing bad here at all.

1 minute ago, frogesque said:

It's always a nightmare :D

Should be allowed to temporarily ban high sided vehicles during worst conditions 

Have we heard from Daniel who was heading to Pembrokeshire overnight? Not seen him post

Winds picking up here in Glasgow, not sure how bad things will get later but nothing like Bawbag from a few years back :)

24 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Thank you for the updates. Must be very scary being in the thick of it

used to it mate, we get theses every winter, remember 2013? Now that was scary.

12 minutes ago, Makemeasnowman said:

Just got home from work and the wind has picked up in Liverpool. Few trees down in the roads by mine in Aigburth. Not sure how bad it'll get, certainly didn't seem that bad for a tree to come down let alone several

It's the saturated ground and leafload that makes the wind effect much worse. Roots get loosened and the leaves make them top heavy. Add the wind and you are left with firewood.