Radar
Snow?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's has taken a while for power to be restored and proper wifi connectivity here in Antigua, but we're now back to normal.  Looking back at some posts on here and also the local 3 hourly Irma fo

Seems Global Warming was in effect in the early 20th Century as well. The 1900 Galveston Hurricane being one of the worst but also 3 Miami Strikes in years 1926, 1928 and 1935 Link to the worst a

It would appear that trumps resort on the smaller islands already impacted is devastated and now his beloved Mar a lago id in line for a pretty strong hit. It would be the irony of ironies if he

Posted Images

So possibly skimming another coast? Raking all the way up West Florida but not truly making landfall? Irma is certainly turning out to be an interesting storm! 

Finding I am having to quickly relearn quite a bit I learnt some years ago and find the links to the data and info again too! lol

Edited by SnowBear
Spelling
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, SnowBear said:

So possibly skimming another coast? Raking all the way up West Florida but not truly making landfall? Irma is certainly turning out to be an interesting storm! 

Finding I am having to quickly relearn quite a bit I learnt some years ago and find the links to the data and info again too! lol

I know the feeling!

Plus, a few new sources.

Also... This one's handy for recon... (and if you come back out to the main site, it has a live archive of all recon data in decoded form... yet I still find the need  to look at the raw VDMs)

http://tropicalatlantic.com/recon/recon.cgi?basin=al&mapping=cesium

Edited by crimsone
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, crimsone said:

I know the feeling!

Plus, a few new sources.

Also... This one's handy for recon... (and if you come back out to the main site, it has a live archive of all recon data in decoded form... yet I still find the need  to look at the raw VDMs)

http://tropicalatlantic.com/recon/recon.cgi?basin=al&mapping=cesium

Cheers crimsone, very handy!

Edited by SnowBear
1 hour ago, crimsone said:

They're under the eye of a hurricane and still streaming.

What the actual?

Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 12.10.01.png

I've been seeing links to windspeed sensors giving 80mph-110mph. Pretty terrible but not the 175mph that the Caribbean islands had to deal with. Maybe the strongest winds haven't quite got there.

15 minutes ago, phil nw. said:

For anyone at home CNN seem to be showing continual coverage of Irma-between the breaks that is-.Reporters from various locations around Florida.

Ive been watching the build up, love the way they keep on saying "this is the least of the worst" and the weather reporter ( red dress lady) stating the eye as had a little wobble and looks like going slightly more east now.