Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

'Feels like' temperature calculation

Posted

The WeatherPro app has a 'Feels Like' temperature and I was wondering what formula they use to calculate it.

I've found various formulas online, including one used by the Calculus software, but they produce lower results compared to the WeatherPro one.

For example, with a temp of 28C, wind speed of 12mph and humidity of 44%, WeatherPro has a 'feels like' temp of 31C, but the formulas I found come out at around 29C.

Does anyone know which is the most accurate formula? Preferably one that can be used at all temperatures.

Thanks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
54 minutes ago, h2005__uk__ said:

The WeatherPro app has a 'Feels Like' temperature and I was wondering what formula they use to calculate it.

I've found various formulas online, including one used by the Calculus software, but they produce lower results compared to the WeatherPro one.

For example, with a temp of 28C, wind speed of 12mph and humidity of 44%, WeatherPro has a 'feels like' temp of 31C, but the formulas I found come out at around 29C.

Does anyone know which is the most accurate formula? Preferably one that can be used at all temperatures.

Thanks!

"Feels like" is so ambiguous, I wouldn't bother. You get PE teachers that can wear shorts in the peak of winter and people who wear duffel coats in 22c. We all feel the temperature differently anyway.

Plus you can check every weather website going and they'll all show different values.