Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Convective / Storm Discussion Thread - 31st May 2017 onwards

6 minutes ago, Delka said:

flashes that seem like they're overhead currently but they're across over in Boston! Insane!

All I can find :nea:but at least the approaching storm is in front of the webcam

http://www.hunstantonsc.co.uk/web-cam/

Edited by OddSpot

5 minutes ago, OddSpot said:

All I can find :nea:but at least the approaching storm is in front of the webcam

http://www.hunstantonsc.co.uk/web-cam/

beat me to it, was just about to post this local webcam, this is just a 2 minute walk down the road and the flashes show about 10 seconds late on the cam, and dont show the full brightness of them!

Failed attempts at screenshotting lightning on a local webcam 

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 23.01.39.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 23.03.35.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 23.04.02.png

1 minute ago, Delka said:

beat me to it, was just about to post this local webcam, this is just a 2 minute walk down the road and the flashes show about 10 seconds late on the cam, and dont show the full brightness of them!

I have watched on this cam before. Pity the night mode is on as it would be good viewing I bet

Drove up from Peterborough to get a better view of the storms over Bourne/Stamford and saw some impressive and often frequent lightning, at one point it must have been every 5 seconds at its peak (cell over Stamford). The cell over stamford dropped some reasonable hail (pea sized at best) but unfortunately faded away before I had a chance to stop the car and take pictures/videos. Next time! 

@Flash bang flash bang etc I feel your pain. I drove 100 miles east to try and position myself for some of the action, only to watch cells fire up even further east...

1 minute ago, OddSpot said:

I have watched on this cam before. Pity the night mode is on as it would be good viewing I bet

Definitely, lovely to check the beach and how busy it is down there before actually popping down :rofl:

big flashes continuing 

I dont think much will happen but showers near Nottingham might be worth keeping an eye on

8 minutes ago, Delka said:

Definitely, lovely to check the beach and how busy it is down there before actually popping down :rofl:

big flashes continuing 

Someone's turned up in a car. Not you is it :D

My effort

CropperCapture[153].Png

Edited by OddSpot

lovely here friend got a good video of the flashes from afar just trying to get them to send it to me

Just now, OddSpot said:

Someone's turned up in a car. Not you is it :D

My effort

Screenshot (1044).png

haha unfortunately not, but I'm now at my bedroom window about 200 metres behind the camera!

Yep ....if the Nottingham cells kick off....might catch a few flashes

Crumbs from the table of Thor i Know

Edited by Arnie Pie

So does anyone know why these storms developed a few miles east of here and not further west? Is there some scientific reason or is it just completely random?

Seems like the cells didnt develop untill they hit flatter ground east of here

looks like a direct hit very shortly here!!

2 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

So does anyone know why these storms developed a few miles east of here and not further west? Is there some scientific reason or is it just completely random?

Seems like the cells didnt develop untill they hit flatter ground east of here

I've noticed how they all like to turn East towards Boston and finish up around there like in August last year

Insanely loud thunder with very close ground strikes..

15 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Can still clearly make out the flashes from here on that storm

Even seen them from down here. 

Just as the core passed overhead and went into the countryside it seems to have completely gone silent with no more lightning.. must have died a sudden death like the one north of peterborough not long ago. Lovely surprise, thought we would end up missing it all, nothing like over at Boston but was nice to get something.