Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Convective / Storm Discussion Thread - 31st May 2017 onwards

Recommended Posts

Quite a lot of lightning to the North West us in the last hour, using 5 second rule about 2-3 miles at it nearest, but storms seem to be dying as they get to the coast, its raining but not torrential. Looking at the radar there is another line to the east of York up to Whitby now, maybe that will deliver here. Judging by the radar the area to the west of us, the Wolds south of Malton have had quite a storm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some nice dark bases overhead here now. Seems to coincide with an outflow boundary on radar. Don't think it'll be enough to squeeze anything out though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jcweather said:

Couple of slightly closer rumbles heard, but nothing for a few minutes

Do you think they will move north or do you think it will hold its southerly direction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LimoPreacherman said:

Do you think they will move north or do you think it will hold its southerly direction

It's moving NNW I think, but it also seems to be weakening on radar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jcweather said:

It's moving NNW I think, but it also seems to be weakening on radar

Definitely weakening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

I think the cap is still suppressing storms over London. It's dying a death over billericay right now - just can't get itself going properly.

If the CAP is removed we could see explosive development!

Edited by LimoPreacherman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Little blob north of egham on radar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't heard any further rumbles for over 20 minutes so I think that's me done for the day. I think it's a little too late for a fresh storm to breed (and actually come near me) now. I'm calling this a (faint) thunder day/evening. Happy for others who've had more sucess today though (despite my moaning - I'm just frustrated over what looked so promising, but ultimately delivered very little for me personally). My ideal setup would be a friday evening storm (no work the next day), that is multicell in nature (can't remember the last time I saw one of those). I really can't work out why we don't seem to get stuff like this in the uk any more? It's always been boiling hot every single summer I can ever remember, with frequent heatwaves that can often last for weeks at a time, so the heat should be there at least. What are we missing since the 80's and 90's? 

Edited by Windblade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

You need to increase font size on that first word - if

:laugh:

LMAO, all done...

Edited by LimoPreacherman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I think that's my lot for the day too. A day that promised so much delivered only 4 distant rumbles, but it's better than nothing. Not too upset though because we have been lucky so far this year in these parts, and it's still only early July. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jcweather said:

Yeah I think that's my lot for the day too. A day that promised so much delivered only 4 distant rumbles, but it's better than nothing. Not too upset though because we have been lucky so far this year in these parts, and it's still only early July. 

The thing bothering me is it's early July with about 3 decent plumes under our belt - and 3 HUGE disappointments!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm impressed it went bang, sort of

DSC_0060.thumb.JPG.65471b0903a445f016b856b0e183d9f3.JPG

Still not what some where expecting but that's the beauty of this game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday into Monday night looks like a possibility, but will it be another Kent Clipper. Or will the storms just bugger off to the storm magnet central of France and Belgium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Windblade said:

I haven't heard any further rumbles for over 20 minutes so I think that's me done for the day. I think it's a little too late for a fresh storm to breed (and actually come near me) now. I'm calling this a (faint) thunder day/evening. Happy for others who've had more sucess today though (despite my moaning - I'm just frustrated over what looked so promising, but ultimately delivered very little for me personally). My ideal setup would be a friday evening storm (no work the next day), that is multicell in nature (can't remember the last time I saw one of those). I really can't work out why we don't seem to get stuff like this in the uk any more? It's always been boiling hot every single summer I can ever remember, with frequent heatwaves that can often last for weeks at a time, so the heat should be there at least. What are we missing since the 80's and 90's? 

Kenan and Kel, blur, Ricky Martin. Along with my memories of those 90's storms, all of them pop into my head at the same time! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RichmondWeather said:

Sunday into Monday night looks like a possibility, but will it be another Kent Clipper. Or will the storms just bugger off to the storm magnet central of France and Belgium

Be cooler then so doubt it

Edited by biddie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, LimoPreacherman said:

If the CAP is removed we could see explosive development!

That's a big  If

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some distant rumbles again but the storms are dying as they get to the coast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well well well, some development out west! Big cauliflowers attempting to shoot up! 

NMM was suggesting a series of storms moving over eastern England at 22:00, could it be the money shot!? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...