Sign in to follow this  
nsrobins

Stormchase 2017 - Chase Day 17 - Slight CO/KS

Starting this today as the first of a multi-day  severe risk with Saturday looking high end at the moment.

Will aim to be in mid-E CO where both RAP and HRRR initiate cells off the high terrain from 19Z. A pocket of higher dps (50F) await these cells as they roll into far W KS. Structure and lightning the main play today.

My target (not the NW team maybe - not sure where they are at the moment) is Limon, CO (a little north now based on latest runs)

2 hours ago, nsrobins said:

Starting this today as the first of a multi-day  severe risk with Saturday looking high end at the moment.

Will aim to be in mid-E CO where both RAP and HRRR initiate cells off the high terrain from 19Z. A pocket of higher dps (50F) await these cells as they roll into far W KS. Structure and lightning the main play today.

My target (not the NW team maybe - not sure where they are at the moment) is Limon, CO (a little north now based on latest runs)

I would have picked somewhere a little further north like Wray has good N-S network and W roads to move fairly quickly..

Lindon, CO. Just behind a nice storm producing 1.5" hail. Not expecting anything too dramatic today but good to be chasing again.

Pretty insane day actually, 2 of the 3 Cars smashed windcreens from baseball and sporadic softball hail, then got out in front near Bonny Reservoir and witnessed a nice 5 minute Tornado on the CO/KS border, then dropped south to Goodland and got in front of a beautiful Liberty Bell Supercell. A fantastic day!

Looking forward to some great pictures

My footage of us going through that hail! Contains strong language.