Jump to content

North West England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Snow shield said:

A couple hours ago met app had birkenhead with heavy snow then sleet. Now the sleet symbol has been removed

Screenshot_20171208-234200.png

Saturday looks a bit poor on that icon :(

Edited by swainclubber
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Browse the regional threads. Everyone’s noticed the adjustment!   GAME ON

HOLY super duper ITS TURNED TO HEAVY SNOW

If I can put my twopenneth in? The Welsh thread might as well be the South Welsh thread..completely monopolised by people from Cardiff, Swansea and the Valleys. Places over 4 hours drive away from me.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Bury88 said:

I'm getting this forecast for Bury on the same app, you should be the same or even better in dale ?

 

Screenshot_20171208-234946.png

Oh yeah I know mate. Referring to his forecast. Not so confident regarding Sunday sadly. I feel tomorrow may deliver if the Irish sea gets going. Been known to really get provide the goods, remains to be seen what will happen but having a trough knocking about can only help 

Edited by swainclubber
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bury88 said:

I'm getting this forecast for Bury on the same app, you should be the same or even better in dale ?

 

Screenshot_20171208-234946.png

I don't like that even in Bury temperatures are forecast above 0c

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, swainclubber said:

And tomorrow as once again been down scaled by the met grrrr. Had light snow all day from 12. Will end up with 20 mins of snizzle at this rate 

Forget the apps and focus on the radar for tomorrow. Activity in the Irish sea is already increasing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, karyo said:

Forget the apps and focus on the radar for tomorrow. Activity in the Irish sea is already increasing.

Oh yes of course. The thing is as great as this hobby is watching the models, when the met office have contradicted a huge model hype they'e not often wrong. The Irish sea is certainly picking up, do you know when the westerly element kicks in?

Edited by swainclubber
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, swainclubber said:

Oh yes of course. The thing is as great as this hobby is watching the models, when the met office have contradicted a huge model hype they'e not often wrong. The Irish sea is certainly picking, do you know when the westerly element kicks in?

It is a slow process that already started. By midday tomorrow it will be more westerly than northwesterly

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, swainclubber said:

Oh yes of course. The thing is as great as this hobby is watching the models, when the met office have contradicted a huge model hype they'e not often wrong. The Irish sea is certainly picking, do you know when the westerly element kicks in?

Woukd seem westerly element has already kicked in

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Manchester Airport TAF has just updated and shows heavy snow

From 0600 Sunday Morning,We have been issued a level 3 snow alert

Which translates into possible delays and diversions,snow accumalations 

Of 10-12 cm possible.

C.S. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Manchester Airport TAF has just updated and shows heavy snow

From 0600 Sunday Morning,We have been issued a level 3 snow alert

Which translates into possible delays and diversions,snow accumalations 

Of 10-12 cm possible.

C.S. 

Good to know. Cheers matey

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...