Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
DiagonalRedLine

North West England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Chris harry said:

How come Manchester is known as the rainy city. But when it snows we get squaw fiddly. 😕😕😕😕

There is a UK rainfall map on the met office website (can't find the link now) which shows Manchester with lower annual precipitation totals than areas surrounding it. It is not even in the top 10 of wettest places in the UK.

Of course when rain fails to show up or it is lighter than expected we are less likely to notice than if it is a failed snow event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Don't know how many cars you would need to effect  the earths rotational inertia but I bet it's a lot ,lol 

I will do some calculations and get back to you does that include electric cars 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Models are showing everything slightly further south but the actual forecasts put much of the region in the sweet spot and the Met O amber warning seems to back that up.

something's gotta give, what does we may know better by this time tomorrow.

in the meantime though, a better potential for snow showers on Saturday as winds veer more to the west and showers get pushed further across the region.

possibly memorable times coming up, possibly disappointing times but interesting all the same.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, iand61 said:

Models are showing everything slightly further south but the actual forecasts put much of the region in the sweet spot and the Met O amber warning seems to back that up.

something's gotta give, what does we may know better by this time tomorrow.

in the meantime though, a better potential for snow showers on Saturday as winds veer more to the west and showers get pushed further across the region.

possibly memorable times coming up, possibly disappointing times but interesting all the same.

Expect the latter. Anything else is a bonus ha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, gearbox100 said:

Its like this every snow event it's only the times it's not forecast we in Merseyside seem to get any. We had absolutely nothing here in my part of st Helens even tho some areas of my time claim to have had some snow. 

 We will get battered on Sunday. I’ll eat my gloves if we don’t. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, swainclubber said:

Expect the latter. Anything else is a bonus ha 

Aye it is North West England after all.

i was sort of hoping for snow as an excuse to not spend hours trailing around Manchester Christmas markets when driving means I can't even get warmed up on copious amounts of mulled wine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

Bbc weather has down for all day snow tomorrow once winds veer

 Down for all day rain for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

 We will get battered on Sunday. I’ll eat my gloves if we don’t. 

Just out of interest; what flavour are your gloves......??? :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Aye it is North West England after all.

i was sort of hoping for snow as an excuse to not spend hours trailing around Manchester Christmas markets when driving means I can't even get warmed up on copious amounts of mulled wine.

Embrace the Christmas spirit haha. And I'm not referring to the alcoholic type haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Aye it is North West England after all.

i was sort of hoping for snow as an excuse to not spend hours trailing around Manchester Christmas markets when driving means I can't even get warmed up on copious amounts of mulled wine.

Copious amounts of mulled wine that cost £5 on those markets but you do get a free cup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diane in ramp again , wish I had my Range Rover which was murdered by a tractor ,guess I'll rattle around in my 40 year old Landy  ,looking like an event we will be talking about for years ,lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HafrenLMP1 said:

Just out of interest; what flavour are your gloves......??? :rofl:

My favourite flavour is humble pie

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HafrenLMP1 said:

Just out of interest; what flavour are your gloves......??? :rofl:

Fingerless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mokidugway said:

Diane in ramp again , wish I had my Range Rover which was murdered by a tractor ,guess I'll rattle around in my 40 year old Landy  ,looking like an event we will be talking about for years ,lol 

Was she mild ramping did she have a bikini on with a glass of Caribbean crush in hand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, itsnowjoke said:

Was she mild ramping did she have a bikini on with a glass of Caribbean crush in hand

No serious heed on ,an event coming, we're all doomed ,lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having trouble in this cold weather drinking my beer too cold to hold 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of flurries, a hail shower, not much else in Warrington today. I live in hope for Sunday!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

No serious heed on ,an event coming, we're all doomed ,lol

 

Really mmmm:fool:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

Bbc weather has down for all day snow tomorrow once winds veer

Yes think tomorrow could actually be interesting!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rogers1971 said:

A couple of flurries, a hail shower, not much else in Warrington today. I live in hope for Sunday!! 

We all do pal we all do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

 We will get battered on Sunday. I’ll eat my gloves if we don’t. 

 Just to qualify, i’m only doing the glove eating thing if we get less than 5 cm. lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

 Just to qualify, i’m only doing the glove eating thing if we get less than 5 cm. lol

No no no you never stated that

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is it with the MOD thread? People desperately saying still room for more southward movement.  No charts to back up their claim, no reasoning why they think it will move more southward.

The MetO  have issued a amber warning area due to the fact they are sure that this is the area that is going to be hit. 

Yet Fred from Essex thinks they are wrong lol 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×