Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Thick ground frost and bright blue sky what could be nicer  not in work today so can light the fire and wait for those wintery showers to arrive. Weather station showing 1c but may be catching the sun!

Edited by shadowfax

Posted
1 minute ago, shadowfax said:

Thick ground frost and bright blue sky what could be nicer  not in work today so can light the fire and wait for those wintery showers to arrive. Weather station showing 1c but may be catching the sun!imageproxy.php?img=&key=d8af95ed7f22db9e

At 1000feet i think it will be snow showers later on :)

Posted

-2c overnight frosted over....blue skies... proper wintery morning.... being above 300m should give snow tonight/tomorrow.... if the showers head this way....

Posted
3 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

-2c overnight frosted over....blue skies... proper wintery morning.... being above 300m should give snow tonight/tomorrow.... if the showers head this way....

Yep ..your only issue is whether any showers reach you :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Here on the coast anywhere below 300 metres will see rain or hail tonight.. however there might be a dusting of white across on the Welsh hills tomorrow.. Moel Famau may also be white if the showers affect it.

Edited by SP1986

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Oh Hello...

BBC news 24 weather for tonight and tomorrow morning.

Sleet and Snow showers spreading through the Cheshire Gap and into the north Midlands.

Dont believe a word of it though.

C.S. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Hail stoning here

Posted
12 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Oh Hello...

Sleet and Snow showers spreading through the Cheshire Gap and into the north Midlands.

C.S. 

Yes ..not a good wind direction for this part of the north west but great for those to my SW. :)

Edited by northwestsnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Screenshot_20171124-104042.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Met office forecast going for mostly sleet here in Failsworth tonight , looks borderline here at 93m but I reckon places above 150m could see a dusting of snow in the morning.

• Like 1

Posted

Can see the showers out west building on the cat and fiddle webcam... bright blue skies 5c... great weather for buying Christmas trees at garden centre and getting the decs out... 

D597684F-5066-4496-B286-8C093F6A034E.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
2 hours ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Screenshot_20171124-104042.jpg

......the famous Fylde coast swerve :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Off up Windermere - Grasmere maybe High Close and Deerbolts if Rydal is not still underwater - hopefully see some festive tops.

Posted
6 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

Looks like the showers are starting to get their act together across the Irish sea for the southern areas of our region (Liverpool > Manchester) 

Think dew points now negative ..

Posted

This is gonna be rain

Posted

I'm not getting my hopes up, but maybe a chance of seeing something a little wintry this evening and overnight.  The Saddleworth hills obviously the sweet spot if the showers still maintain their potency that far inland.  Icy start tomorrow.

Posted
3 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

Oh Hello...

C.S. 

Unsure why you do not, do you look at the models?...perfectly fits in.

Irish Sea coming alive tonight! Expect wintry precipitation to low levels, cold rain on the coast probable.

Posted

heavy sleet rain and hail here

• Like 1

Posted

very heavy

Posted

There seems to be a difference in the projected upper air values before the GFS and the ECM.

The GFS has upgraded the upper air cold pool and we are continuously under sub -5 values till Sunday afternoon. The ECM is less enthusiastic with tongues of sub -5 mixed with milder sectors. Which one is correct will determine the amount of wintryness in the showers.

Some lovely cells have developed in the Irish sea. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Yes and with lightning aswell.

Should be fun this evening and tomorrow.

Posted
8 minutes ago, karyo said:

There seems to be a difference in the projected upper air values before the GFS and the ECM.

The GFS has upgraded the upper air cold pool and we are continuously under sub -5 values till Sunday afternoon. The ECM is less enthusiastic with tongues of sub -5 mixed with milder sectors. Which one is correct will determine the amount of wintryness in the showers.

I think if the GFS is right then i do fancy at least higher parts of the greater Manchester area seeing some snow tonight aslong as the showers make it that far inland as the winds are not really forecast to strengthen to much until tomorrow morning, Saturday night looks promising also for inland areas although the strength of the wind may mean more sea moderation and more mixing of the cold air.

I would not rule out fully seeing some sleet even at sea level during this spell but hopefully we have a TRUE convective sunshine and showers type of day tomorrow and not a day where skies get messy and grey with rain of a boring intensity, we shall see.

Posted
11 minutes ago, karyo said:

I would not expect any lying snow below 200m ...and i doubt there will be any snow until after sunset..hopefully im being too negative.

Posted
1 minute ago, Geordiesnow said:

I think if the GFS is right then i do fancy at least higher parts of the greater Manchester area seeing some snow tonight aslong as the showers make it that far inland as the winds are not really forecast to strengthen to much until tomorrow morning, Saturday night looks promising also for inland areas although the strength of the wind may mean more sea moderation and more mixing of the cold air.

I would not rule out fully seeing some sleet even at sea level during this spell but hopefully we have a TRUE convective sunshine and showers type of day tomorrow and not a day where skies get messy and grey with rain of a boring intensity, we shall see.

Agreed Geordie. I just don't get why there is such a difference at a very short timeframe.

One thing is for sure, if the hills to my east look white in the morning I will drive there like a shot! haha