Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Too far east to collect any of the heavier rainfall from this morning, and it seems to still be tracking NE so unlikely to see anything this PM, although radar suggested a couple of spots here about 10mins ago..

Posted

Back to back torrentíal downpours here. Will be interesting to see intensity on radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Had a deluge here for about 20 minutes from that line that is crossing the country. Sunny again now.

Posted

Knocker, if you're reading, I miss your reports of current conditions in my favourite county.

Raining already! 

Posted

Grey and cloudy this morning.

14.2c, 1011.4 hPa, 83% humidity.
SSE wind, 8-15mph with a number of 20mph gusts.

Rain meter setup nicely for the expected deluge later today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I keep wondering when this heavy rain is supposed to arrive? The sun keeps popping in and out at the moment.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I keep wondering when this heavy rain is supposed to arrive? The sun keeps popping in and out at the moment.

But at least you have some measurable rain, we haven't not yet...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Had a bit of light rain just now but stopped again for the moment. Other than that it's been cloudy and dry so far. 14.8°C. 

Posted
5 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

Knocker, if you're reading, I miss your reports of current conditions in my favourite county.

Raining already! 

Yes, I missed the posts for what seems quite a long time..Seems to be around on non weather specific threads at the mo..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Heavier rain falling now. Much later than expected. 

Posted

Not really the wet day that was forecast. The rain didn't really start until 4pm. The wind is strengthening now though.

Temp: 13.5°C - Hum: 94% - Dew: 12.6°C - Bar: 999.83hPa - Wind: S @ 20mph, gusting to 35mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

It's absolutely torrential and has been for a number of hours now... very blustery too - medium bracnches and twigs being scattered . 

Shrubs and plants blown all over the place. Very much a summer storm . 

Posted

43mph gust, 22mph windspeed. This reminds me of an Autumn storm. The poor garden! :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

No idea what the wind speed is a I haven't got a wind speed measurement device , but would pretty blowy do ?... lol 

just had a peek at the Beaufort scale and I would say 6 going on 7 . ... dark and now feeling autumnal . 

Posted

Quite wild out there at the moment. Heavy rain and windy, you'd think it was autumn just listening to the noise. 

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Quite the foulest, wet and windy day for a very long time and certainly, for June, it's been dreadful.  Rain on and off all day, light and patchy through the morning, but torrential this afternoon and early evening.  Wind strength increasing and probably playing havoc with the garden, I've not ventured out to see!  Clear patch at the moment, but still very windy.  I shan't put the bins out until the morning, I don't want them all over the road, at least in the garden they are sheltered!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I'm not impressed! It's June and I've been out in the sideways rain twice, 1st to prop my fence up and just now to pick my gate up of of next doors drive :nonono: I was looking forward to a relaxing day off tomorrow. That's the end of that idea....

hope Friday is good! Due out on a charter boat fishing for the day. 

Posted

Just been out chasing rubbish. Not what I'd expect to do in June.

Posted

Rain yesterday finally started here about 6pm and continued very heavy till around 9pm and then was heavy showers, with a total of 16mm yesterday.
The showers continued in the early hours, but its not rained now since 6am.
The wind has gusted on many occasions to 30- 37 mph from early yesterday evening and through the night and wind speed has been between 18-25mph.

Now, wind has moved more Westerly than the evening and overnight Southerly direction.
Wind has lightened in last hour to around 10-15mph with some 25-27mph gusts.
12.2 c, 995.8 hPa, 88% humidity.
Looking very grey for as far as you can see, but looks like the rain clouds have moved on.

The rain was welcome, but really did not need that much.
The broad beans must have taken a hammering with that wind, but are all upright this morning.
Noticed a few main bin lids up and some rubbish strewn over the road for those who put their bins out last night.

Posted
12 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

hope Friday is good! Due out on a charter boat fishing for the day. 

Got your sea sick tablets ready, sure looks choppy?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Put the bins out in the rain last night, got woken up by the wind, and have been rescuing various furniture covers from threes this morning. What awful weather! Couldn't be furthest removed from June if one tried.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
28 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Got your sea sick tablets ready, sure looks choppy?

Luckily Dorset my legs are good. Been a channel hopper since I was knee high to a grass hopper. But actually Friday is looking the best day of the week for fishing. Overcast and little wind in comparison to today. fingers crossed as it's been booked for 2 months and I'm really looking forward to it. 

Posted

Why is there a warning out for wind today, when winds are forecast to be 10mph lower than yesterday?