Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow

What I think will happen over the next few days:

- Tomorrow snow fizzles out around south wales. Flurries at best for most.

- Sunday rain, rain, rain.

- Monday surprise snowfall for many.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Tomorrow remains the most likely day that some of us will see falling snow at some point.  The 12z Arome model highlights the risk of flurries/light snow showers across our region throughout the day;

aromehd-1-20-0.thumb.png.b37e062b1158b7af04eca78bc576b5d4.png

aromehd-1-31-0.thumb.png.55b79c3dd00a94012f3679ebe10f9ee6.png

As for Sunday, whilst there is a degree of uncertainty and always will be, all 12z data I have seen so far keeps any snowfall for the Midlands northwards. 

So, flurry watch it is then!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
11 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

What I think will happen over the next few days:

- Tomorrow snow fizzles out around south wales. Flurries at best for most.

- Sunday rain, rain, rain.

- Monday surprise snowfall for many.

You been on the sherry...  Got last part wrong I think.. :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Yay! I’m back in business.. temperature sensor has arrived and it’s working! Now on temperature watch and can confirm it’s to warm for my liking. :nonono:. A steady 7.0c... beats 13c from my car this morning though! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

What will be will be...... as long as that's a Cotswold pasting Sunday then I'm happy ???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc
10 minutes ago, chris55 said:

What will be will be...... as long as that's a Cotswold pasting Sunday then I'm happy ???

Yeah but it’ll prob be Cirencester east as usual.....?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/thunderstorms
1 hour ago, AWD said:

Tomorrow remains the most likely day that some of us will see falling snow at some point.  The 12z Arome model highlights the risk of flurries/light snow showers across our region throughout the day;

aromehd-1-20-0.thumb.png.b37e062b1158b7af04eca78bc576b5d4.png

aromehd-1-31-0.thumb.png.55b79c3dd00a94012f3679ebe10f9ee6.png

As for Sunday, whilst there is a degree of uncertainty and always will be, all 12z data I have seen so far keeps any snowfall for the Midlands northwards. 

So, flurry watch it is then!

Isle of Wight snow shield still working then ??

Posted
29 minutes ago, chris55 said:

Agreed!!! MAD thread all a bit much currently, IMBY determines if a run is good or bad, all gets a bit confusing and silly, hence the regional for now! Am sure we'll have a few surprises!

Posted

I’m actually glad Sunday’s not looking good ATM for us.. it means there’s always time for change in our favour. We all know what happens with cold air.. lows can struggle to push up against it.. I still have a tiny glimmer of hope of a big SW correction.. ??

Temp 6.4c and falling... DP 1.0c apparently, and showers over Wales are apparently sleet/snow according to my radar?

Edited by khodds
  • Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, MrNooo said:

Agreed!!! MAD thread all a bit much currently, IMBY determines if a run is good or bad, all gets a bit confusing and silly, hence the regional for now! Am sure we'll have a few surprises!

Oooooo, does that mean we are second best for you then:cray:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

They'll eventually all be turning to snow through tonight and in to tomorrow. Upper temps are around -3 to -5 across our region, those temps will carry on falling making it more conducive for the showers to fall as snow.

2017-12-07.thumb.png.dd97ea170f43c0d731f20c50b9a24077.png

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, khodds said:

I’m actually glad Sunday’s not looking good ATM for us.. it means there’s always time for change in our favour. We all know what happens with cold air.. lows can struggle to push up against it.. I still have a tiny glimmer of hope of a big SW correction.. ??

Temp 6.4c and falling... DP 1.0c apparently, and showers over Wales are apparently sleet/snow according to my radar?

Love it, the inverse psychology approach... I aint bovvered, so what the 'eck ( secretly hoping for something different)

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

They'll eventually all be turning to snow through tonight and in to tomorrow. Upper temps are around -3 to -5 across our region, those temps will carry on falling making it more conducive for the showers to fall as snow.

2017-12-07.thumb.png.dd97ea170f43c0d731f20c50b9a24077.png

With the current rate of temperature drop we'd need something early tomorrow morning for the photographers to benefit. (notice I avoid that 4 letter word)..

Posted
7 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Love it, the inverse psychology approach... I aint bovvered, so what the 'eck ( secretly hoping for something different)

Precisely ??

Posted

Evening all - can anybody in the Oakhampton/Belstone area say what the showers on the radar  are falling as there please?

Posted
5 minutes ago, Barbel said:

Evening all - can anybody in the Oakhampton/Belstone area say what the showers on the radar  are falling as there please?

I would be surprised if its anything other than rain at the moment, even at that height.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Great forecast there by Ian, could be a very showery day tomorrow, fingers crossed,  don't care about settling snow, just be nice to see some falling! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Indeed Smartie!

Also couldn't help but chuckle at Tomasz Schafernaker's mention of strong winds from Caroline's backside... :rofl: (easily amused).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

how I will laugh if it gets shunted south of the M4 this sunday/monday, poetic justice for all the midlands/N England "I'm gonna get 10 inches" IMBYism that is overwhelming the model thread.....lol

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
1 minute ago, ajpoolshark said:

how I will laugh if it gets shunted south of the M4 this sunday/monday, poetic justice for all the midlands/N England "I'm gonna get 10 inches" IMBYism that is overwhelming the model thread.....lol

You just never know. I will rotflmfao naked in the snow if it does happen! (I’ll happily tempt fate and take one for the team)

meanwhile :shok:

B5B9F3D7-C5F2-4B4F-B02A-11408484EEEA.thumb.png.bdd6244d6e7d944d70d6f93e9909f250.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, Smartie said:

Great forecast there by Ian, could be a very showery day tomorrow, fingers crossed,  don't care about settling snow, just be nice to see some falling! 

Better than the national forecast at 6.30pm which showed the showers completely dying out as the crossed the channel.

I think anyone who doesn't see snow falling at some point tomorrow would be extremely unlucky, and have every right to moan from now until eternity :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Yeah that's getting tiresome isn't it, us  southern folk wouldn't need to do that, or maybe we would :p lol

Posted

It's kinda sad that the four letter word relating to white precipitation seems to drag every lurking member from their hole. Similar to having an electro magnet over a bed of iron filings..