Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

We went to The French Pyrenees this summer, drove right to the top of one of the cols.. now I keep looking at the forecast for Gourette and it makes me sad ?. Snow, snow and snow. Wish I was there. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just need that lot nearing London to head SW and we're in business... :pardon:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Once tomorrow is done and dusted looks like mundane weather on the cards. Dry mildish not much wind cloudy i.e dull. call me old fashioned but I'd rather the weather be flipping cold or giving it a big blow....so to speak...crikey I've gone all @Nights King :oops::D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Just caught the bbc outlook for next week, mild for us with a possibility of something colder by next weekend, he did say lots of uncertainties going forward 

fromey 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Takes a brave person to call it post D5 for me at the moment. Could get anything.

Just fell off the sofa in laughter at a couple of the posts in there tonight. I Do like a bit of banter ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
8 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Takes a brave person to call it post D5 for me at the moment. Could get anything.

Just fell off the sofa in laughter at a couple of the posts in there tonight. I Do like a bit of banter ?

The mood swings continue in there. Sudden burst of optimism in the last few posts. :yahoo:

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
3 hours ago, Nights King said:

No luckily still in Mendip for moment but it has been cloudy each night up here so far and although it gets just below freezing it is never been hard frosts because of the cloud.

Tonight looks like the coldest night though as it is partially clear and dropped to 0c early tonight.

That surprises me, it's been frosty here. have had to scrape the car in the morning and a couple of mornings hubby scraped it but by the time I left it had frozen over again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
23 minutes ago, jethro said:

That surprises me, it's been frosty here. have had to scrape the car in the morning and a couple of mornings hubby scraped it but by the time I left it had frozen over again.

I have to scrape car every morning but it is patchy probably because of wind but also because it is only getting down to -0.5c/-1c at most which to me doesn't seem very cold at all?

As it is tonight seems a little better at -1.4c so far so maybe better.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A slight ground frost this morning. Everything is hard though... I mean the ground etc

A low of 1.3°C it pretty much hovered at 1.6 to 1.7°C for most of the night. Currently 2.6°C and sunny.

Posted

Just like this week last year we have seen the ground cool and harden in the November 28th to December 1st period only to be followed by something milder.

Here's hoping it doesn't become like last December, I don't think it will.

• Like 3

Posted

Third sunny day in a row after an overnight low of 1.1°C. Currently 6.1°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

another crisp & sunny day here, feeling chilly with a moderate to strong northerly breeze......cold but nice outside

Posted

Much rather cold and sunny like today than mild and cloudy we had a few days ago and looks like we might have for the next few days. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I can't be bothered to post it in the model thread, so i'll put it here instead..

That crazy LP the GFS is modelling is an interesting scenario - for a couple of reasons. Firstly (being a storm fan) I tend to want these to occur, but as you get nearer the time, the GFS will slow the rate of cyclogenesis down, and even move it further South, which means we tend to miss out on the fun. Now, if it did decide to do that, it would be more favourable for snow further South. With that in mind, what's the betting that the GFS decides to take a different route altogether  - ie No interesting weather at all?! :)

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

I can't be bothered to post it in the model thread, so i'll put it here instead..

That crazy LP the GFS is modelling is an interesting scenario - for a couple of reasons. Firstly (being a storm fan) I tend to want these to occur, but as you get nearer the time, the GFS will slow the rate of cyclogenesis down, and even move it further South, which means we tend to miss out on the fun. Now, if it did decide to do that, it would be more favourable for snow further South. With that in mind, what's the betting that the GFS decides to take a different route altogether  - ie No interesting weather at all?! :)

I was thinking this. But the last time this happened it was modelled to hit he midlands.. then the SW.. where did it hit...? 

FRANCE :nonono::sorry:

I still haven’t got over that.

im treating it with extreme caution.. we have all been here before. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 hour ago, khodds said:

I was thinking this. But the last time this happened it was modelled to hit he midlands.. then the SW.. where did it hit...? 

Expect it to disappear on charts by Monday/Tuesday all together it is 7 days out, no chance.

Rain event or northern France is my bet. :bomb:

I did however get my first day long frost of the season, nice driving up drive home to see it sparkle for a change. :D

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, khodds said:

March 2013 :wallbash:....still paying a heavy price for that. Channel islands was the place to be. I know @karlos1983 still has nightmares over this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
2 minutes ago, festivalking said:

March 2013 :wallbash:....still paying a heavy price for that. Channel islands was the place to be. I know @karlos1983 still has nightmares over this.

I risk the swear filter and a life ban if I comment :cray: ?

Posted
1 minute ago, Dorsetbred said:

Temperature is hovering tonight, and reluctant to get any nearer to the zero point than 3.4C.

Same here but slightly lower at 2.7°C. 

Posted
23 minutes ago, festivalking said:

That was the one!! Oh my god. I still have the emotional scars ?

Posted
8 minutes ago, khodds said:

That was the one!! Oh my god. I still have the emotional scars ?

Safely say it's the disappointments in the weather that really bind this group together ?. Group therapy helps ?