Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

No rain or thunderstorms here.

A very warm sunny day yesterday, mostly around 24-25 with a peak of 24.8
Was 20c at midnight and is 18.9c now.
1014.6 hPa, 75% humidity and ENE light 5mph wind

Some interesting cloud formations this morning. Does this type of cloud have a name?

cloud.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Mostly sunny, warm and humid here although with pretty unstable mid level clouds around in isolated pockets.

Can't remember the last time we had such an extended period of thundery looking clouds around never materialising into anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Gorgeous start to the day here. Already 22.5°C 

Sat by the pond with a mug of tea and a smoke.

20170706_083922.thumb.jpg.da2f654513267846c489409234130195.jpg

20170706_084208.thumb.jpg.bbd08645c8b8ef8e5cd6b96977f430d7.jpg

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Mostly sunny start with some cirrus and turkey towers to the south. Very warm too at 23C.

Posted
33 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

This could lead to some interest N/NE from here. Just taken as they're drifting over Warminster Park.

This is looking your way from here Andy.

IMGP1173_sm.thumb.jpg.5cc1f089bffdc13032bad1e66beac23d.jpg

Starting to go up on the right hand side of the pic, so around Oxford could do well today.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

it looks as if the line is building up now according to this 11.25 radar.  Not much chance for us to the south I suspect.

060717.JPG

Posted

Bit of a heat spike going on here, shot up to 28.3°C - I'm in one of my sheds tidying it up, absolutely dripping in sweat!

Dew point at 19°C, apparent temp at 30.3°C

Posted

Wioll it...."yes" ...

Oh not it won't....

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15394583.Storms_will_miss_Dorset___as_Met_Office_cancels_weather_warning_for_rain/?ref=mrb&lp=20

THe only people who thought it was going to i.e. the MetO, and even a day out cant forecast it ...

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Bit of a heat spike going on here, shot up to 28.3°C - I'm in one of my sheds tidying it up, absolutely dripping in sweat!

Dew point at 19°C, apparent temp at 30.3°C

Not far behind...27.3°C (81.1°F) (Heat Index 28.6°C ), Apparent temp 29.5°C

Posted

Gorgeous afternoon here. 28C so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny and warm all day with hazy looking skies. 26.8°C around lunchtime but with the sea breeze it's dropped to 22.3°C. 

Posted

Briefly hit 29.5C this afternoon before cirrus increased from the west, and has since ushered fresher feeling conditions and the temperature has dropped to 26.2C. Must have had an invisible cold front go through.

Posted

Quite possibly the worst temperature predictions from the MetO, for this location, that I can remember. They had a max of 23°C yesterday, but I had 26.9°C on my Davis and Netatmo. Today, the max was predicted to be 25°C, and I had 29.6°C on the Davis and 29°C on the Netatmo.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Quite possibly the worst temperature predictions from the MetO, for this location, that I can remember. They had a max of 23°C yesterday, but I had 26.9°C on my Davis and Netatmo. Today, the max was predicted to be 25°C, and I had 29.6°C on the Davis and 29°C on the Netatmo.

To be honest I think the MetO seem to have managed to poorly forecast the warm air surge this time, including "Yellow Warnings" cancelled after 24hours, temperatures in local areas, where the percentage error seems high. The suggestion was yesterday for 30C on Friday in London, I wonder which way they will go tonight on that being consistent?

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

To be honest I think the MetO seem to have managed to poorly forecast the warm air surge this time, including "Yellow Warnings" cancelled after 24hours, temperatures in local areas, where the percentage error seems high. The suggestion was yesterday for 30C on Friday in London, I wonder which way they will go tonight on that being consistent?

Got close to a couple of temperature records today. Apparent temp and heat index were close to going.  Incidentally, the temp is back on the rise here, same with the humidity - DP at 19.7°C

Posted
52 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

42 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Likewise at this location, 25c was forecast today and have been around 30c since 2pm. Temperatures are starting to climb here also up from 29.3c an hour ago to 30.4c now