Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Right on coast at Abbotsbury this morning it was glorious, inland it was disappointingly grey until about two hours ago.  Felt very humid before the clouds cleared.

P1020711 (800x600).jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Hardly a breath of wind. It's too warm to fibreglass at the moment, so i'll have to do it when the sun is going down.

Temp: 25.1°C - Hum: 54% - Dew: 15.2°C - Bar: 1027.67hPa - Wind: Variable @ 2mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

What perfect timing to have great weather, it's the airshow weekend here in Weston. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny and warm all day so far. Got up to 21.4°C not long ago but with the sea breeze it's dropped slightly to 20.9°C. Just been to Southampton and I wouldn't be surprised if it's not far off 30°C there. 

Posted
38 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Chasing you...27.6°C at: 13:09

First heat index usage of the year too..  28.1°C

If only I didn't have a plum tree in the way, during the morning..

chart.thumb.png.b9b7f4d73439129481110e4ce7761d40.png

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

26.4C, uninterrupted sunshine, low humidity and a light breeze. Basically my idea of a perfect summer day!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Cloudless day , beautiful blue sky , very warm . 

Sweet peas are blooming well, and tomatoes are setting nicely too. 

Posted

No clouds and bright sunshine all day it reached 26.5C and is now 21.5C, and a nice evening.

Edited by ThundersnowDays

Posted

We have heard rustling in the hedge all day and seen a female blackbird going in and out. This evening we have watched this beautiful fledgling find his wings!

IMG_0980.JPG

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Morning All, 

so another roaster today it seems? Yesterday I am curious to know what temps it got up to. Was at larkhill in the middle of the point to point course and my it was hot, even with open land on a hill and a breeze. The car thermometer said 30 but I know you should add caution to these as they aren't always right - maybe it was 28? It certainly though felt hotter than 28. Any thoughts? Or any useful readings nearby. 

Oh and one more thing, really chuffed with my sunscreen. Out all day pretty much in it  and no colour change or redness- Well protected apart from one tiny bit around the top strap. So highly support getting that high factor 30 or more on today!! 

Posted
32 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Morning All, 

so another roaster today it seems? Yesterday I am curious to know what temps it got up to. Was at larkhill in the middle of the point to point course and my it was hot, even with open land on a hill and a breeze. The car thermometer said 30 but I know you should add caution to these as they aren't always right - maybe it was 28? It certainly though felt hotter than 28. Any thoughts? Or any useful readings nearby. 

Max of 28.6c in Warminster at around 16.30 .

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

Morning All, 

Oh and one more thing, really chuffed with my sunscreen. Out all day pretty much in it  and no colour change or redness- Well protected apart from one tiny bit around the top strap. So highly support getting that high factor 30 or more on today!! 

Saw 27.9c here, suspect it'll be warmer today, already showing 24.3c here now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

I love this heat, as long as I have a fan blowing on me! Only downside to the hot weather is if I want to get out & cover my 7 mile exercise route then I gotta be up and out by 5am otherwise it's just too hot and that heat just zaps all the energy out of ne as I just found out this morning. 

Edited by Smartie

Posted

Highest temp of the year yesterday 26.2c
Was still 19.8c at midnight and only dropped to 16.8c at 5am
Southerly wind most of the day of 8-10mph yesterday.

Now 25.2c
Wind has been very light all morning and SE
1023.6 hPa and 59% humidity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Quite a bit of cloud around at the moment, will probably lower potential peak temperatures if it keeps coming.

Posted

A bit cloudy to start with, but just blue skies now.

Temp: 27°C - Hum: 57% - Dew: 17.7°C - Bar: 1023.74hPa - Wind: Variable @ 6mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudier earlier but sunny now and warmer than yesterday with a very light breeze. 24.1°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.

I laid on the front lawn last night after dark watching the stars, enjoying the almost complete absence of breeze. Everything was so silent! Or maybe it's my cold, I don't know. :D

It feels far more humid than it is here today. It's really sticky. I envy folk with their own pools on days like this.

Currently 27 dg.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Breached the 30c barrier, and been hovering around that for the last hour or so.

Currently 30.0c

Went to Weston airshow yesterday and what a day it was, even hotter today.