Snow?

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good road trip up to Fort William. Snow from Crianlarich northwards until you reached the coastal plain.

Right just for fun here are some personalised snowfall predictions - these are for accumulation by the end of Wednesday and do NOT include Wed night/Thursday's potential storm.  @aggy 5cm  @M

An insight in to a snow lover texting their partner when away from home "Snowed overnight.." Me "Cool, how much??" "Not sure.." Me " send a picture of the bins" "Why the f##k

Posted Images

Really light snow here - would take hours to cover the car widscreen type stuff. Radar doesn't look great for any heavier stuff anytime soon. Temp has jumped from around -4c to just under 0c in under an hour!

Edited by 101_North

Mornin' all from a rather chilly Skye! Currently -1c, lowest temp during the night was -3.3, and that is very cold by Skye standards. Noo, jist let me hae a wee keek oot the windae ..... Surprise!!!! Nae snaw. Ah well, it was nice while it was here!❄❄⛄?

39 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Snow shield (when I'm here) fully operational:

Screenshot_20171229-080812.thumb.jpg.12d995bf9172e26a3d3afdc30778208a.jpg

Nice work 101. Snow prevention is a serious job. Looks like you and Aggy have taken the ‘dodge the precipitation altogether’ approach....which is a neat trick.

I’m not concerned about this latest attempt to spoil me recording yet another snow-free winter. I’ll use the old ‘North Sea’ option and any snow which does fall should soon turn to rain with milder air off the sea.

:D

Edited by Hawesy
  • Like 1

ive a feeling there’s going to be some cracking pictures later on from some folk.

Typically young Dr(s)No has hospital today so no enjoying it which is a shame.

Still snowing atm...

69ACAFEE-6F88-48EE-8EBA-F63981BF1769.thumb.jpeg.a8d1b8fbbef0522df36f95ec5d743d3c.jpeg

• Like 5

Heavy rain 10 miles away..... But not for me! 

Only an inch or so but i'll take it! Seems like the front has not gone as far north as thought last night (I was to have rain by now) so good for me

Snowing lightly...

image.jpeg

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 6

I just looked up from my keyboard to find ......... it's SNOWING!!!!! Good grief! Not expected and I don't know how long it'll last, but at least we have some white stuff at last! ❄❄❄⛄⛄⛄

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Cheggers said:

Again the difference a few miles makes. Falkirk reporting light snaw, yet here it is heavy, about an inch already.

WP_20171229_09_12_53_Pro.thumb.jpg.1cd400bfd7e7c6939c494cd5811b51d2.jpg

Getting heavier here now and some decent sized flakes at last. 

Screenshot_20171229-092825.png

• Like 6